Gunco Forums banner

We Can’t Do Anything About The Antibiotic-Resistant Superbugs That Will Soon Kill Us

692 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  j427x 
#1 ·
Scientists: We Can’t Do Anything About The Antibiotic-Resistant Superbugs That Will Soon Kill Millions Of Us

Snippit:

endoftheamericandream.com / By Michael Snyder / November 18th, 2013

The “wonder drugs” that we have been using since the middle of the last century are rapidly losing their effectiveness, and medical authorities are warning that the emergence of very powerful antibiotic-resistant superbugs represents “one of the gravest threats in the history of medicine“. Of course the “wonder drugs” that I am talking about are known today as antibiotics. These drugs attack bacteria, and when they first began to be developed back in the 1950s and 1960s they were hailed as “miracles” that would save countless numbers of lives. Well, it turns out that nature is having the last laugh. All over the planet bacteria are developing resistance to these drugs, and scientists are warning that they can’t really do anything to stop these superbugs. With each passing year these superbugs are gaining ground, and there appears to be not much hope on the horizon of being able to fight them. In fact, no new classes of antibiotics have been invented since 1987, and none are being developed right now. Meanwhile, scientists are telling us that many current antibiotic treatments will be completely obsolete by the year 2030. Are you starting to understand why so many high profile members of the scientific community are using the words “catastrophic threat” to describe this crisis?

An article about these superbugs that appeared in the Independent the other day got a lot of attention all around the world. That article claims that prominent British doctors are warning that these superbugs could undo “a century of medical advances”…

Drug-resistant “superbugs” represent one of the gravest threats in the history of medicine, leading experts have warned.

Routine operations could become deadly “in the very near future” as bacteria evolve to resist the drugs we use to combat them. This process could erase a century of medical advances, say government doctors in a special editorial in The Lancet health journal.
READ MORE

Black Blade: Watch the movie "Contagion" for a fairly good scenario of how this could play out.

See less See more
#2 ·
the irony is that no new antibiotic drugs are being developed because the drug producers don't think their profitable ENOUGH.

they had much rather the dr put you on a drug that you have to take ALL the time like the statens and various heartburn meds.

the irony is that wall-street may put the entire human population on earth in peril-- for a few deflated obama-dollars!

#3 ·
A misconception is that no antibiotics work, this is not the absolute truth. There are antibiotics that can kill just about anything, the problem is that includes us. More work on the overpowered ones out there would certainly extend that deadline.

But for the time being do your part! Question your doctor on whether or not you really need them(IE can your body handle it and you just want the conveince of being sick a few less days?). Finish your entire script even if you feel better, and dont flush that bottle from 20 years ago down the toilet.

#4 ·
I have 1 word for you guys....Bleach!

I soak my dishes in bleach water. Bleach kills all pathogens. I avoid contact with stuff like handrails etc. Did you know a 0.05 solution of bleach used as a body wash makes the skin look younger?

In airports (which I like to refer to as petri dishes for International diseases..Ibola or Rift valley fever anyone?)..I wear latex gloves and a mask.

For those of you with kids....public schools are contagion centers. Lice, scabies, and a plethora of disease (mental and physical) floating up in there. My solution....Home school! :)

#5 ·
i think this bacteria is caused by agricultural antibiotics. the ground and the ground water in india is teeming with it.

the CDC was on the verge of a shut down because this strain could not be contained in the hospital.

not only is the bacteria nearly immune from antibiotics it is also very easy to catch and spreads with virus like speed.

it is just a mutation away from being immune from ALL known antibiotics. the CDC was saying not if but when--

this could be very bad. the press and the media have hardly reported the story, too much money at stake to ring that alarm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.