Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Police Find Hidden Compartment in Man’s Car – So Why Was he Arrested???

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Police Find Hidden Compartment in Man’s Car – So Why Was he Arrested???

Police Find Hidden Compartment in Man’s Car, but No Drugs or Illegal Items – So Why Was He Arrested?

Police in Lorain County, Ohio, arrested a man Wednesday after they found a hidden compartment on his vehicle. When officers opened the compartment, they found no drugs or illegal substances – yet the man was still arrested charged with a felony.

Officers were able to make the arrest under the state’s new “hidden compartment” law, which is intended to deter criminals who modify their cars to store and transport drugs or weapons.

Police initially pulled over 30-year-old Norman Gurley for speeding, but then noticed “several wires running to the back of the car,” WKYC-TV reports. The wires led the cops to a hidden compartment.

Even though a search turned up no drugs, guns or other illegal items, police were authorized to arrest him because the new law makes simply driving a “trap” car a felony. It was reportedly the first arrest made under the new law in Northeast Ohio.

“Without the hidden compartment law, we would not have had any charges on the suspect,” Lt. Michael Combs, of the State Highway Patrol, said.

Continued: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...s-he-arrested/

Black Blade: "Minority Report"? Wow, if they only knew. Guess I will most definitely stay out of the occupied Communist territories like Ohio. Only a matter of time now before they expand this to hiding places (even hidden rooms and gun safes) within a person's own home. This law is ripe for abuse. its like civil forfeiture, you don’t have to be guilty of anything for them to seize (steal) your property. God forbid you buy a used car with a "secret compartment" you didn't know about - you become a "felon" as a result.

“There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” - Ayn Rand
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

My dad has always told me this country would become worst than Russia ever thought about unless we do something about it.
    I'd rather be a "has been" than a wannabe!

2TIMOTHY2,4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairsof this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

God, Guns and Guts made America free,
    Lets keep all three.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Well, Its right here "arrest under the state’s new hidden compartment law. Not sure how that will hold up in court. I BUY my car, I can do what I want. When I "C'd" my frame and Channeled my body on my 31 isnt that the same thing.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Defiantly left open to a pretty loose interpretation by whom ever investigating , and unenforceable by my way of thinking ,Pyrotex.

And , BTW,,,, What A Stupid Law. Let me get this straight now,,,,let's say

You have a Ohio carry permit and you have a lock box in your vehicle to secure your firearm when your not allowed to carry it in a particular place, and automatically your up on a felony charge should it be seen ?????? Or even if you have one for a place to secure your valuables while you go swimming at a local beach, or hiking, running ,mountain biking ,,ect,, Is that correct? How can that be enforced,,legally and on what grounds?

Am I missing something here? Or is that just a stupid law?

By the way Pyrotex,, you got a 31 that's channeled ??? PICS,,PICS!! Love me Hot Rods,,,got 2 myself. Sadly,,,DUMB ASS I AM,,, I'm considering a 36 Ford with a big block Chevy in it I saw at a show recently that's for sale relatively reasonable.
    Money pits though.

BUT when ya put the hammer down,,,,and do a nice 4 wheel drift around a corner, or get the chance to put them out on a track and play,,,,it's worth every penny then !!! The OOH & Ah's at the shows and all the thumbs up while going down the road,,,,aren't to bad either,,, Lets ya know you've done something right!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

First XSapper good to see yah postin.. Your a good Man..
    O.K. I am confused here? What the hell is a hidden compartment? Now I guess I could cede some drug runner with a bunch of drugs hidden in their vehicle... Play the game, get caught, sorry bout your ruck..
    But please correct me if I am wrong here. Every vehicle made has "hidden hollow space compartments."
    I own a boat, trucks, motorcycle, etc. With wires running to the lights, bilge etc.. So theoretically without just cause, do I have hidden compartments????????????.
    Their is hollow spaces all withing the aforementioned objects.. Can the Police arrest me for the hollow spaces????
    If they find drugs, well hell put me in jail.. But something is not correct here. Arrested for hollow spaces?????????????????? For God sake, were all going too jail..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

How about new cars that have compartments in the seat or under the seat from the factory? Are those illegal too?

Feedback Score

Yeah, I bet ya I could find hidden compartments on any vehicle!
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score

Pryotex, yes, it is the same. But you're a cop. You're good to go. Unless you go to Jersey. The NJSP shoot cops too.
    "Not sure it will hold up in court?" Are you kidding me? The trash presiding in court is the same trash that passed the law. And don't give me krap about the kop just doing his job and going by the law. We put that lie to bed over 60 years ago. A 'GOOD' man can not be trained badly.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_02 View Post
    And don't give me krap about the kop just doing his job and going by the law. We put that lie to bed over 60 years ago. A 'GOOD' man can not be trained badly.
    Hunter
    Who said "just doing his job, Sure the Fuk wasnt me.
    We have "traffic tickets" thrown out of court here for a non valid stop. The only humor I find in this is the rest of the Country must really be backwoods compared to GA, or we are the only ones that have "rules" to follow.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pryotex View Post
    Well, Its right here "arrest under the state’s new hidden compartment law. Not sure how that will hold up in court. I BUY my car, I can do what I want. When I "C'd" my frame and Channeled my body on my 31 isnt that the same thing.
    Pryotex yes this is really strange.. Now back in the "Cocaine Cowboy" days. I knew guys who knew guys who were running cargo from Florida too Connecticut..
    They had vast hidden spaces with switches to light that vehicle up like a Marine flame thrower.. Police pulled them over, they were going to see Hiroshima in front of their eyes..
    Something stinks with this new so called "Hidden Compartment Law." Their has to be more to this story.. Were they watching this guy and used the law???? as a test case to try to nail him and their timing was just off??
    Good God their is hidden compartments in every vehicle.. I do not think it would stand up worth a damn in a court room..
    Even if I do want to have a "Hidden Compartment" It is my personal property, who the hell says I cannot make one and place my valuables in it when traveling..
    Yeah, I would take that to court in a heartbeat. People are building safe rooms, hidden in their homes everyday. Why not a vehicle, it is your property...
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.