Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to survive a subzero stranding

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've rolled jeeps back upright with just 2 people before, no big deal, and the way that one was laying it looks like it could have been done, just rock it and roll it and go!

All in all they did OK, a bit chancy with fuel leaking from the jeep and them burning the tire right next to it, but I guess luck was just with them. That could have trapped them all and burned them all alive,,JUST DUMB!!!!

Lord knows they made enough mistakes during that adventure. It was mostly just luck for them this time. But,,,,,They'd better get some back country and 4 wheeling training if they keep venturing out like this in the future, they were by NO Means prepared for whet they got themselves into. If You're going to have a jeep and venture out like they did,,,you'd better damn well have some self recovery equipment on hand, or you could end up in a world of shit, just like they did!! Plus you just NEVER venture into the back country 4 wheeling by yourself,,,Period!!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    I've rolled jeeps back upright with just 2 people before, no big deal, and the way that one was laying it looks like it could have been done, just rock it and roll it and go!

All in all they did OK, a bit chancy with fuel leaking from the jeep and them burning the tire right next to it, but I guess luck was just with them. That could have trapped them all and burned them all alive,,JUST DUMB!!!!

Lord knows they made enough mistakes during that adventure. It was mostly just luck for them this time. But,,,,,They'd better get some back country and 4 wheeling training if they keep venturing out like this in the future, they were by NO Means prepared for whet they got themselves into. If You're going to have a jeep and venture out like they did,,,you'd better damn well have some self recovery equipment on hand, or you could end up in a world of shit, just like they did!! Plus you just NEVER venture into the back country 4 wheeling by yourself,,,Period!!!!
    Good advise, tw, I follow this to the letter. High lift jack, come-a-long(manual winch), cable anchor, etc. Around here we take a sense of pride in being able to get ourselves unstuck. Sometime you have to ask for help, but be ready for some good natured questioning of your manhood if you cant get your rig out by yourself. Espeicially if you have to get your buddy out of bed in the middle of the night.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

My buddies would just roll over and say,,,,See Ya In The Morning buddy !!! Come get me then,,,,

I used to carry more shit around,,,so I only ever got stuck once. Then,,, it took a dozier AND a skidder both just to get to me and to get me out!!! I was,,, Really Stuck!! 8 miles in, and I winched up over 3 cliffs, and got stuck in a wet spot on a plateau 3/4 the way up a 8k foot tall mountain,,,,Not a rock, tree or solid ground to hook to for over 100',,,,DOWWWWW,, not a well thought out plan at all !!! !

Only had 50 of winch cable an a 25' cinch cable

I don't Fuck Around,,,,when I get stuck,,,,,I get REALLY STUCK!!! That was an expensive tow job,,it was also the last time Pa,,,, EVER let me use the Land Rover!!!

He was not a happy camper sense the last thing he said when I left was ,,,,"Don't go off road with it ",,, Ya Right,,,what was he thinking,,he should have known better ,,,,,I was a kid then,,,Well,
    a younger kid that is,,,

Still am one too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.