Thread: Car Survival Kits for Christmas

Feedback Score

Default Car Survival Kits for Christmas

I decided this year I would put together some survival kits for my kids, my wife's kids, her Mom, and my wife. I have had one in my vehicle for the past few years.

I started with a Sear's Craftsman top open tool bag for $4.99 at K-Mart. Added a survival blanket, a Multi-tool and a lock blade knife, strike anywhere matches, some dry fuel fire starter sticks, a couple of granola bars (I figured they would add what they want to eat) a small zip-lock bag of Hershey's Kisses, a marine emergency whistle, some band aids and anti-bacterial hand cleaner, some hand warmers, and a couple of bottles of water. I think I will add a multi-bit screw driver, and some duct and electrical tape, and some small type or cord or rope. Perhaps a small tarp or poncho for weather protection.

This kit is a car kit for survival while waiting for help or if stranded. It is not a bug out bag, or an end of society type of bag. just enough for a few days, or a raodside emergency.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Not a bad thing to keep in you're car at all, and I always have and still do,,ya never know!!! Shit happens,,,,

With the winter we've had so far this year,,I recommend it to everyone. Yesterday AM I woke up to -18 degrees with many other places close by being -30 ,,- 32,the average being around -22, -24 below,,we're close to the lake so it stayed much warmer here at the house. The old wood stove kept it 73-4 degrees inside here though,,,Damn I love those Jodel stoves,,,there great!!!!

Down Right Frosty if you ask me!!!, The PT sure turned over pretty hard,,that's for sure!!!! Didn't stop me though!

I Still went fishing !!! And I,, Pounded the crappies and perch ! Looks like it's going to be a bumper year this year, the fishery has been good here all this year, and is looking good through the ice too, and we already got 6-8 " in most places now. Plus I just needed an excuse to try out the new electric auger,,,and,, it works sweat!!! 12 lbs with a spare battery, is much easier than carrying around a 38 lb gas auger,,,,any day!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I would add a small LED penlight with some good alkaline batteries for light, as well as some candles and a metal can to burn them in. Wrapped in a space blanket over a candle can keep you warm no matter how cold it is outside.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I replaced flares in my car kit with these. Sure flares have their uses, but they have a shelf life and can be a fire hazard. These things are bright and will run 400 hours on a AA battery.
    http://www.powerwerx.com/emergency-v...ng-device.html
    Certified AR-15/M-16 Armorer / SIG Pistol Armorer

Feedback Score

Okayhere is the list of the final equipment in the bags:

1) Multi-tool
    2) Folding knife
    3) Grill lighter
    4) Strike anywhere matches in a waterproof container
    5) Fire starting fuel sticks
    6) Metal bread loaf pan (they can heat water in it or use it to put the candles in)
    7) 2 granola bars
    8) 2 packets of hot chocolate mix
    9) 2 - 16 ounce bottles of water
    10) Small ziplock bag full of assorted chocolate candy (quick energy and a morale booster)
    11) Lightweight poncho
    12) Survival blanket
    13) Flashlight/lightstick
    14) Small first aid kit (10 1 inch bandaids, 2 small, 2 large gauze pads, roll of medical tape, and a small bottle of anti-bacteria hand wash)
    15) 10 way screw driver
    16) Small LED flashlight
    17) Roll of electrical tape
    18) Marine emergency whistle
    19) 2 candles
    20) Craftsman tool bag to put it all in

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.