Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fukushima Reactor Melts Down - US Orders 14 million doses of Iodide as plume drifts

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Fukushima Reactor Melts Down - US Orders 14 million doses of Iodide as plume drifts

TEPCO Quietly Admits Reactor 3 Could Be Melting Down NOW

TEPCO has confirmed via camera surveillance, that steam has begun to pour from Reactor 3, although they have “not been identified abnormal plant conditions.”

TEPCO is reporting that “radioactive steam has suddenly begun emanating from the previously exploded nuclear reactor building #3 at the Fukuishima disaster site in Japan.”

The corporation is not clear on the details of the sudden change at Reactor 3 because of “lethal radiation levels in that building.”

Summations from experts conclude that this may “be the beginning of a ‘spent fuel pool criticality (melt down)’ involving up to 89 TONS of nuclear fuel burning up into the atmosphere and heading to North America.” Steam has been viewed coming from Reactor 3.
    Fukushima_aerial-2011-3-30-0-50-45-600x292

Educated guesses suggest that the steam is “coming from what’s left of the fifth floor of the mostly-destroyed building.”

TEPCO has admitted that “they do not know why this steam is being generated, but matter-of-factly revealed on December 28 that the steam was first spotted on December 19 for a short period of time, then again on December 24 and again on December 25.”

The accord is that “pellets of radioactive fuel, ejected when the reactor exploded, went into the spent fuel pool located above the reactor and have begun melting down so seriously that they are boiling off the water in the spent fuel pool.”

Should this be the case “the situation could escalate rapidly out of control.”

TRN is warning of preparatory measures that should be taken by those living on the West Coast of America because after the “releasing 89 tons of deadly radioactive fuel directly into the air”, it would be a matter or 2 to 3 days before the deadly material would fry North America “by [the] levels of airborne radiation and ‘hot particles’ which could kill.”

http://nsnbc.me/2013/12/30/tepco-qui...3-melting-now/

US Government Orders 14 Million Doses of Potassium Iodide

Could be related to Fukushima as more and more reports are coming in about the spreading radiation plume.

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...&tabmode=list&

Black Blade: Much of the media isn't reporting on this or the US Navy personnel near the Fukushima site suing TEPCO for radiation sickness.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Yeah, I keep Potassium Iodide in my First Aid preps:

When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Might be a good idea BB,,that cloud is heading this way,,actually yours,the Mid West is where clouds from the far east generally settle anyways,,right??

That will kick the fishery's in the ass in that area too. This is Not good at all.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    Might be a good idea BB,,that cloud is heading this way,,actually yours,the Mid West is where clouds from the far east generally settle anyways,,right??

That will kick the fishery's in the ass in that area too. This is Not good at all.
    Yeah, the fisheries are already gone around the north pacific. Restrictions are in force now and some ugly results are seen:

Several articles compiled on the mess: http://peakoilpetroleumandpreciousme...1#.UsUNyrT4LTc

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The food supply has become worry-some to me lately too and I think come spring I'll be putting in a small garden and doing more at farmers markets this year. No doubt more expensive, but defiantly much safer now.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Just came in from the water, went out about 1/2-3/4 miles on a shore dive. Healthy kelp, TONS of life, flora and fauna, all healthy looking. Lots of minnows all the way up to foot length size different species. Im in SoCal, I've been keeping a look out for anything lately tho. The starfish ive seen are healthy, lots of active urchins prickling their way around. Grabbed another lobster today and shot a halfmoon. healthy looking fish. Time will tell.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Posthumous View Post
    Just came in from the water, went out about 1/2-3/4 miles on a shore dive. Healthy kelp, TONS of life, flora and fauna, all healthy looking. Lots of minnows all the way up to foot length size different species. Im in SoCal, I've been keeping a look out for anything lately tho. The starfish ive seen are healthy, lots of active urchins prickling their way around. Grabbed another lobster today and shot a halfmoon. healthy looking fish. Time will tell.
    just think how much you are going to save on your electric bill, once you start glowing
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    just think how much you are going to save on your electric bill, once you start glowing
    ...I guess....I...can be shot in the dark soon?

Feedback Score

I tried looking up more info on this, and found out that the picture is misleading. That is an old picture from the disaster. It is leaking steam, but a very tiny bit. They think it is from rainwater leaking in and melting off.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Yea, but it still sucks, because 49.5% of what you find is "IMMINIENT DISASTER, HIDE YO WIFE, HIDE YO KIDS. GOV'T DOESNT WANT YOU TO KNOW THIS..." junk, the other 49.5% is "its all under control. nothing to see here. that water is not glowing. calm down". With 1% being "Radiation is bad". So who knows what the truth is. I know I plan on checking what i spear and harvest from the ocean a lot more now. Ill post results from my geiger readings next time i go out. Im curious now after that video of the dude in san fransisco.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.