Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thieves Raiding Woodpiles For Firewood

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Thieves Raiding Woodpiles For Firewood

Thieves Raiding Woodpiles For Firewood

CANDIA, N.H. (CBS) — Janine Richardson couldn’t believe it when she and her husband went to bring in some firewood to heat their home and it was all gone.

“We don’t use oil at all,” said Richardson. “We heat by wood solely so it was cold, it was cold that night, luckily we had little scraps around so we burnt that for the night.”

Police in Candia New Hampshire says it’s happened at least twice this month. Heavy piles of firewood have been stolen from people’s property.

“I haven’t seen that in this area,” said Candia Police Chief Mike McGillen. “I can’t recall having many investigations like this.”

A cord of wood can be worth up to $250, and police are not sure if the wood is being stolen by people who want to sell it, or if they need the wood to keep warm.

“If someone was desperate and needed the wood they could just come to the town,” said Chief McGillen. “There’s a lot of good people here who would give out wood, give out oil, give assistance in a heartbeat, they don’t need to go around taking it.”

A cord of wood is about eight feet long, four feet wide, and four feet tall.

For Janine Richardson, it’s not about the money. It’s the principle that someone stole from her home. And that all of her hard work was wasted.

“So obviously we’re angry because we cut all our wood and I’m the one who splits it with the log splitter my husband built me,” said Richardson.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/01/2...-for-firewood/

Black Blade: Just think of this and how bad things will get when the SHTF (natural disasters, financial collapse, manmade terrorist/war events, etc.). It won't just be firewood they come after. A strong defense is mandatory for survival.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

It's getting worse every day. Maybe we should start a rumor that it's OK to take stuff from o buma supporters!
    I'd rather be a "has been" than a wannabe!

2TIMOTHY2,4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairsof this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

God, Guns and Guts made America free,
    Lets keep all three.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

there has been isolated cases of hunters stealing wood from cut firewood every so often but no wood stealing from any bodys woodpile at home-- so far.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

A full cord of firewood would take one heavy duty truck to haul it & a few heavy duty backs to load it.
    They would be easy to find just look for the guy with a big truck that has a sore back! LOL

Feedback Score

I'm not being mean but don't these people have dogs? In the towns locally fuel oil is being stolen by people that live across the street from them. My step son "tracked"one theif by the splash marks going across his yard to his neighbors house.my wife and I live at the end of a half mile private drive no problems here. If someone is cold just ask and we will give them a few days of wood. Done it more than once.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Drill a hole in a piece of the firewood. Take a .12 gauge shotgun shell and ream er in.. Cover with sawdust..
    When she goes off the stove goes with it.. Early 4th of July, they will love it..
    2x4 with large nails through it leading up too the wood pile has a tendency to have the truck still their when you get home.. 4 flat tires suck..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

I guess the fact I'm almost always home helps. That and even the local cops know I'm always armed and appreciate a good guy with a gun up here.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Drill a hole in a piece of the firewood. Take a .12 gauge shotgun shell and ream er in.. Cover with sawdust..
    When she goes off the stove goes with it.. Early 4th of July, they will love it..
    2x4 with large nails through it leading up too the wood pile has a tendency to have the truck still their when you get home.. 4 flat tires suck..
    I like the shotgun shell one 4th! I'll have to remember that one.

Mom used to use 1x4's with nails in the yard. Neighborhood redneck kids used to love to "trench" our yard for some reason. We had a big willow tree in the front yard by the main road, and they would do donuts around the tree. They quit doing it after Mom put down the boards. LOL.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

man if i could get $250 a chord for firewood -- i would be a rich man! LOL!

in saline county a chord of firewood is barely a face rick --

out here a chord is a full three tons of oak-- i had one dufas tell me he pulled 12 chords of firewood on his PU truck --i'm like thinking the dufas must have wnet to public school--LOL

Feedback Score

I sell firewood and it is to the point I won't split any until I get an order. I can split a pile on Monday and Tuesday the pile will start shrinking. People don't steal logs or rounds for some reason. Probably too much work for them. The boards with nails in them sounds like a good idea for around the wood pile. I think I might suffer too much damage from retaliation attacks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.