Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: When Trucks Stop

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Got me thinking about an old classic:

When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

This is why I am a firm believer in having far more than the government recommended few days of food and suplies on hand. In fact I am a firm believer EVERYONE should have a month or more, even if they aren't a so called prepper. Any kind of disruption could spell chaos.

I have plenty of supplies on hand to last through a short term (6 months or less) crisis and I am adding everyday. Not becaue I believe the world will come crashing to an end, but because I believe that short term catyclismic events, both natural and man made, will occur.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile

Oh hell yeah those are some friggen beautiful movies. Like driving up in D.C. during rush hour.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Yea even before the food disappears the gas stations will run dry an then every idiot will try to get there tank full like on 911 an then look out nobody will be going any were an that means no workers .

If ever working republican refused to got to work this country would be on its knees in a day. the truck drivers could shut the country down in a week or so all they need to do is get out an pull the ecm/computer an even the military could not make them move and take them over .

I am slowly stocking up on food . its not like i wont eat it .

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Actually a 72 hour shut down of most of the trucks will have a big effect on this country in just a couple days, and most likely would takes months for it all to catch back up.

4th most trucks out there get in the 5-6mpg range, actually a lot of trucks waste more fuel then they need to because of a speed governor set too low (usually 65mph), turbo diesels have a sweet spot where they make the most power and use less fuel, most governed trucks don't get into this sweet spot and use more fuel then they really need to.

New "Super Singles" are being tried out. Singe tractor trailer tires instead of duals. Advantage less weight and cost. Disadvantage, a flat and they ain't going nowhere.
    These tires are suppose to get better mpg, but the few guys I've talked to don't see a difference or very little to really make a difference.
    As for cost, they are a scam. One of those tires cost $600+ and you can only buy new ones because they can't re-cap them. A set of new dual tires are about the same or a little more for a pair, and if you have a blow out you only need to replace that tire at about $300-350 (for a new one), you blow one o those single tires and it's double the cost it needs to be. And if your lucky enough to have a light load you can run slow on one dual tire to get to a safe place instead of parking on the side of the road. Another nice thing about dual tires is that good re-caps cost almost half the price of new, and they last almost as long as new tires.

BB that's a great movie, got it on DVD and might have to watch it this weekend
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Duel was an awesome movie in it's day. Joy Ride was kind of a modern day interpretation. I actually watched Duel on a nasty weather weekend about 2 years ago. Just happened to catch it at the start while I was channel surfing. I didn't watch it all, just kind of used it as my "alternate channel" during commercials and stuff. It's still a good one though. One of my favorite "horror" movies with big rigs is Steven King's Maximum Overdrive. Stupid and awesome all at the same time. It was filmed not too far from where I lived back when I was in the Marine Corps, between Jacksonville and Wilmington N.C.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

So how did Maximum Overdrive get by with using a Green Goblin truck without Marvel sending a cease and desist order?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Joy Ride was kind of a modern day interpretation
    Never seen that. Is that the same style car as in Duel?

So how did Maximum Overdrive get by with using a Green Goblin truck without Marvel sending a cease and desist order?
    LOL never thought of that
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

[QUOTE=Coils;744404]Never seen that. Is that the same style car as in Duel?[QUOTE]

I don't remember exactly what car they used in Joy Ride, but IIRC I think it was like an old Dodge Polara. Basic plot line is that 3 young folks, 2 guys and a girl, are heading cross country to deliver the car to a friend, and I believe taking the girl to visit family. They piss off a trucker by playing games with him on the C.B. and he starts chasing them cross country, trying to kill them. Paul Walker was in it. It's not bad.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

like I said in another thread I just did the Philly to Ft myers trip down and back from friday till late last night ( back in Philly) loading up the last of the town house contents, well let me tell you about the truckers on 95, I-4, 1-75 were for the most part great to share the road with, there were a few ass*oles who blocked the fast lane but very rarely, one thing is for sure there were lots of trucks on the road.

I should note there where lots of desert colored Military Hummvees straped down on flat beds heading north, all looked like they were ship back from the sand box.

I don't stop at trucks stops or rest state run rest areas, the FBI indicated they are killing and kidnap zones ( serial killers love rest stops! ) does not bother me from Virginia to Fl Im packing a sig
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.