Thread: It's That Time Of Year - Chickens and Ducks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default It's That Time Of Year - Chickens and Ducks

Now is the time to restock fowl and rabbits and to build hutches and coops for Preppers because the Easter Chicks, Ducklings and Turkeys are out for sale at several sellers (and even small "Bunnies"). Of course most sell these critters for the kids but they do grow and eventually either produce food like eggs or they go into the pot or on the grill. I see that my local "ranch store" has them already. For the next month or so the floor will have several "tubs" of birds.

Young Turks (Turkeys):

Chickens and Ducklings:

Not all states allow the sale of "Easter" critters of course (thank PETA). But in most all other states this is a good source to add or restock birds.

- Black Blade
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

My problem is once I feed em, their pets.. I know, I know food yada yada yada.. No I an NOT anti hunting or against eating the things..
    Ah hell, once they got a damn name like, Smokey, Big Bird, One Eye, Fluffy, stuff like that.. I just, I don't know? Nah I can't whack em..
    "Run Smokey run. Fly free as free as the wind blows."
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

4th my youngest son had a pygmy rabbit named him bugs. He had free rein of the house and would sleep curled up on our chow rotty mix.passed away in my arms of old age. Pissed all over me. No more rabbits.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Around 1993 my stepchildrens biological father bought them live baby ducks for Easter. When they got to big(the ducks)I took them to a city park with a lake and set them free with others of there kind.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score

I have 1 Barred Rock rooster and 6 hens. I am going to try to hatch some eggs to raise for meat.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    4th my youngest son had a pygmy rabbit named him bugs. He had free rein of the house and would sleep curled up on our chow rotty mix.passed away in my arms of old age. Pissed all over me. No more rabbits.
    Yeah Gees stalker.. I am half pissed up mysefe. Damn. Camobdia, last trip.. I almost bought this little duck..
    Geez. "Run little bird run.. Run like the wind sends you." Hole seeeeethee3e Run. fool.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Plan B View Post
    I have 1 Barred Rock rooster and 6 hens. I am going to try to hatch some eggs to raise for meat.

O.K. I was there.. Richey let it loose. Janis was in the back, paranoid as a Mo folk.. National Guard flew Richey in to perform. Janis was too paranoid to perform.. True??

About a week home from Nam... ?? My Bros pulled up in a Volkswagen and said "Get in, were going too Woodstock.??" Oh, tay, where the frig is Woodstock?? Get your toohbrush. O.Tay. Cool..
    We went.. Oh my God what a good time.. My hair was shaved Military style.. I loved it, Damn wish I picked up the tickets..??
    Watch the film. We were below the stage, by the naked women.. Oh God forgive me..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Back when I actually had fowl, I got them for free at the local stores. After a few weeks of feeding the little darlings, the feed costs more than they are selling them for. Free to a good home signs go up. Damn ducks were idjits. Evey time they heard gunfire they would go to investigate! Geese made good weasel food, found them with their heads removed all the time. Chickens gave us the least trouble, although I never did find out how those chicks got up on the roost at night when they couldn't fly at all...

Feedback Score

Gawd,

I used to have geese (Nasty agressive birds) , Ducks and Chickens. Still have some chickens.

True story. I bought the wife some ducks. We have a big ole pond. She trained them to swim around in a bucket. WTF?

I got home one time and threw them ducks in the pond. They made a beeline for shore as quick as they could and climbed back into the bucket, quacked at me and gave me a mean look!

They didn't want no parts of that pond!
    Last edited by SouthTexasGuy; 03-11-2014 at 10:16 PM.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.