Thread: Stay Fit - Simple Strength Training

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Stay Fit - Simple Strength Training

Stay Fit Simple Strength Training

March 9, 2014, by Ken Jorgustin

simple-strength-training

The older you get, the more muscle you lose. It’s a fact. But with strength (resistance) training you can improve your preparedness for life by lessening the effects of muscle loss from aging.

The key to success is to exercise frequently. The best way to do that is to keep it simple.

Here’s how…

Read more…
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

During the winter months I do some skiing but there are times in subzero temps when that isn't practical. I work out at the gym and local dojo and spar with friends. In the summer months there is hiking and mountain biking. Here is where I work out to keep physically fit as best I can during the winter months and in bad weather. These are the four exercise rooms and there are other smaller rooms with free weights and boxing/martial arts equipment.

Lately I find myself very busy in the oilpatch so it's make hay while the sun shines. My workouts have become less frequent and I need to get back into more intense workouts. I used to spend anywhere from 4 to 6 hours a day at the gym going full bore like an animal. Would be nice if I had the time and resources. Currently I am building my "man cave" at one of my bug out cabins that I will outfit with weights and training equipment although I had other pressing issues for now.

My local gym:

I also get a chance to do some reading (here I have "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross in the photo). Here I do some bike sprints for a couple hours in the late at night or early morning hours when I often have the place to myself (note the Ruger LCP I keep in my shorts). I tend to suck down a couple bottles of iced Crystal Lite lemonade to stay hydrated. Used to work out until I was almost sick but have lightened up a bit lately.

- Black Blade
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

I'm almost 50, and I just realized how much muscle mass I'm losing. My daughter said something the other day about "back when you had big biceps", and that was like a slap in the face!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

2nd your still a young feller.. 65 here.. Just lost 10 lbs. getting off my fat ass and moving about, after my arm surgery..
    Good link BB.. My days of jogging 5 miles a day are over.. 1 year tomorrow, smoke free.. Never been so miserable in my life, I want a cigarette.. No Tim, no.. No way..
    Just the money saving is worth quitting..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

4th my right bicep came back from lifting weights 12oz's at a time after my rotator surgery. ..

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    4th my right bicep came back from lifting weights 12oz's at a time after my rotator surgery. ..
    Yes Sir.. Oh my God I love these Doctors.. I fell in love with the surgical room nurse, asked her hand in marriage.
    Then some jerk knocked me out.. Damn. I do not remember nuttin cept she was holding my hand.. Think I started to lick here fingers and they gave the the needle? Jerks..
    Got pain? Get it fixed.. Modern technology is beyond incredible.. Beyond.. My God, they were going to send me home 24 hours after I got a total artifical shoulder.. Holy sheeeeet.. I asked to stay and extra day, was loving the nurses..
    To much fun, damn I loved teasing them. Life savers they are.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

That wonderful lady with the small hands that did the stitching on me told me she lived with in five miles from me. ..if I wasn't so happily married and a lot smarter.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.