Gunco Forums banner

Surviving Martial Law

521 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Black Blade 
#1 ·
Surviving Martial Law

The definition of martial law is simple: The suspension of The Constitution.

Once the administration decides that the people are almost at the point of rioting, the troops will hit the streets.

There are many things that will happen quickly once martial law is declared. The order may vary, but it will all most likely start with a curfew. Confiscations of firearms, ammunition, and supplies will most likely follow, with the summary arrest or execution of anyone who resists. Relocations, ‘for public safety’ reasons will be voluntary for those who don’t know any better, and enforced for those who have attracted the attention of the authorities.

There will be nowhere near enough FEMA camps for the whole population, so make sure you are one of the ones left behind, make sure you are the grey man with the grey family who gives the military no cause for concern. You will not be in the entitlements group who are rounded up to prevent them rioting when their money isn’t paid, and you should not be in the ‘dangerous’ group who most likely won’t even make it to the camp.

For most of us the initial urge is to come out fighting, but if you have family with you this is likely to have a bad outcome for all concerned. The announcement that martial law has been declared will only come AFTER the jackboots are in position and ready to act. There will most likely be little chance to get out before the doorbell rings.

If there is an advance warning, or if watching the way things are going you are pretty convinced martial law is coming very soon, leave. A pre-prepared bug out location is the best choice, but moving in with other likeminded individuals will give you a better chance than going it alone in a town full of sheeple.

If you can’t get out at that point, you have no choice but to stay put.

So how do you prepare to survive such a situation?

Well, firstly, from this day forward say nothing about your views, your opinions or your preps to anyone in your area unless they are a part of your prepping group. You will be amazed how fast people will spill their guts to the authorities in order to ingratiate themselves and maybe get an easier life as a result.

Even though the military are in control, you should not assume that others, those previously in authority, no longer have any influence. The chances are they do. No body that represents any form of authority, past or present, should be trusted.

Even if your preps are kept at home they should be hidden well enough to go undetected by the first and even second sweep of your home that the military will conduct. Every home varies in its construction so there are no hard and fast rules but think carefully and act accordingly. Consider caches underground on your property, preferably in areas where disturbed ground is not suspicious. In urban and suburban environments under flower beds would be a viable position. If you have acreage then be careful to keep the ‘lay of the land’ as differences will be noticed. All goods should be stored with avoiding sniffer dogs and metal detectors in mind.

When the military does drop by, hide your contempt. This may go against the grain, but the survival of you and your family is your number one priority. Ask a few questions but not too many. You need to be the grey man, totally unmemorable. Nothing you say or do, nothing about the way you look should make you memorable. Keep a cheap weapon and a few rounds to handover for when you are asked to hand over your weapons. You should have ‘bills of sale’ for all other weapons…get creative, computers are wonderful things.

Be a smart prepper: Starting today, pay cash for arms, ammunition and bulk food buys. Plastic is traceable and don’t think they won’t have information on all those who are armed to the teeth and buying Mountain House like it’s going out of fashion…they will.

Make a point in getting to know your environment, I mean really getting to know it. Know where the CCTV cameras are and routes you can use to avoid them. Take note of which neighbors are left behind – are any of them known preppers? Are there any of them that are like you, who are ‘playing the game’ in order to avoid detention? Make a mental note of the times your neighbours cook their rations. Using stored food to make meals will be less noticeable when others are producing cooking smells as well.

Make sure you turn up for any food and/or water hand outs. Not doing so would mark you out from the rest of the people left behind. You should also turn up at any meeting when instructed to do so. Again, nothing should mark you out as being different.

Once the area has ‘stabilized’ and no one there is considered a threat the military will move on. There is nowhere near enough of them to keep martial law in all areas at once. With Chuck Hagel announcing today that the military is facing deep cuts in staffing levels they will be even thinner on the ground than previously expected.

When they have moved on it’s time to make the decision as to whether you stay or go. At this point, unless you have clear intelligence on exactly where the military are, you may find it better to survive in place than to move your family though possibly occupied areas. Once the initial shock has worn off, a resistance movement will be forming in some areas. Stay away from those that are disorganized and have no definite goals or aims. You would do better alone than with a disorganized and ill equipped bunch of renegades.

Consider alternative means of communications. Ham radio, CB, whatever you can get. Keep a list of frequencies and contacts apart from your equipment. If you have no contacts so be it, you will have to ‘cruise’ the airwaves in short bursts to establish contact in the future.
Other things to consider

The American people are disatisfied with many aspects of their lives but not to the point where they will be willing, or even able to step out of their comfort zone and take their country back.

Most pople will do almost anything to maintain a semblance of ‘normal’ life, even if that life has to be under martial law. Any thoughts you have of resistance will depend on the group you are with, the knowledge base within that group, and the connections they have to other like minded groups.

As much as it sticks in my throat to say it, unless we are part of a well formed survival group, the time has come to stop wearing our hearts on our sleeves and sporting bumper stickers that declare we are members of the NRA.

The time has come to buy guns and ammo for cash at shows some distance from our homes.

The time has come to quietly slip from the radar screen of government control.

The time has come to become a grey man, that unmemorable soul that passes by un-noticed.

While talk of organized groups and resistance bolsters our passion for freedom, we have to face the fact that when the time comes most of us will be alone with our families and the only people we will be able to rely on is ourselves.

You can start that now by getting into your role, by slipping of the government radar screen as much as possible in your situation. It takes practice to go un-noticed, it’s not something we usually have to do, but then again martial law is not something we have had to think about much in the past.

If you are lucky enough to be in touch with other patriots, consider contacting them from an internet cafe rather than on your home computer. Buy a few cheap pay as you go cell phones rather than use a contract one. Use different phones when contacting your group, and have spare sim cards so you can swap them around, it makes tracing the calls more difficult.

Resistance takes many forms, and by not letting them con you into thinking they are there for your benefit you are by definition resisting.

By surviving and thriving you are resisting.

By living to fight another day, you are resisting.

They may be able to control your surroundings, but by not letting them control your mind and actions, you are resisting.

By disconnecting as far as possible from the system, you are resisting and by caching weapons and ammunition for future use, you are resisting.

Many thousands of people will be resisting just like you are, knowing where at least some of them are before an event will make it far easier to hook up with them at a later date.

Having the support of like minded individuals should not be underestimated, and knowing that you are not in a position to get to them, or for them to get to you should not deter you from making contact and keeping in touch now, while you still can.

- See more at: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/surviving-martial-law_022014#sthash.3sL0lXql.dpuf

See less See more
#2 ·
we had martial law after Hurricane Sandy, they relocated lots of folks many forcabily, we we not aloud to leave or enter town after dusk to dawn, we had to show id to re-enter town, we still had looting, the cop were cool considering, anyone yelling and screaming were removed I saw that, most folks left on there own
next time they will search home for firearms, Sandy was a dress rehearsal, the authorities were caught off guard, next time we will not be so lucky but I will not be there anyway

#3 ·
I applaud you sir for surviving that crap. Thank goodness it wasn't total ML, but it's still bad enough.

#4 ·
I guess I have never seen real Martial Law declared. It was just a curfew, checking ID's, asking why you going where you were going, and in some instances saying certain areas were restricted. The LEO's were extremely patient and for the most part helpful. They never even asked if we had any kind of weapons. Mostly acted like they were directing traffic.

#5 ·
Well they do have this thing called the 'Anti sedition act" of 1798.

If you criticize the "gummit" you are guilty until proven innocent and you shall pay dearly.

It's still on the books.

Keep your powder dry boys!

Don, Martial law has been declared many times. What cave have you been hiding in?

Please let me know, I need a good spot for my next still!

#6 ·
Like I said I have never seen martial law that even want to take my guns. Not that I volunteered. And don't talk so loud about stills around here. You know like Texas, around here Wyoming, Nebraska, South Dakota there is a lot of open land that "people" don't need to know about.

#7 ·
“There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.”

- Ayn Rand

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.