Thread: Sustainable home can be built in four days using only a screwdriver

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Sustainable home can be built in four days using only a screwdriver

Sustainable home can be built in four days using only a screwdriver

The suitably-named Pop-Up House also boasts another notable selling-point: all that's required to assemble it is four day's patience and a standard electric screwdriver.

Pop-Up House measures a total of 150 sq m (1,614 sq ft), and the interior features a large combined open space that contains kitchen, dining and living room areas. Elsewhere in the home are two bathrooms, a master bedroom, two additional bedrooms, an office, and a terrace.

The structure is simple to build and comprises a spruce wood frame, laminate veneer wooden floor, and expanded polystyrene insulation blocks, and everything is held together using wood screws. Indeed, Multipod Studio states that no prior construction experience is necessary for assembly, likening the process to building with Lego.

Read Full Story
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

Wow my first home only had 1200square feet one bath tho.I only have 24acres and a well would be a bitch.thought about a simple a frame with no road maybe room for a four wheeler to bring in supplies to the top of the ridge but at some point people know at least where they think you are.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Think I read this story in MotherEarthNews a couple years ago. I would not want to live there 24/7. I think it was meant as a weekend get-a-way cabin.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

If I was a bit younger and in better physical health I'd get off the beaten path a bit more and downsize some to something like that myself. But things being what they are,, probably not.

My garage would have to be my biggest structure just to hold all the rods, boats, wheelers ect,,,I sure don't need 3 bedrooms anymore. A shop and garage would be my top priority nowadays. The camp I occasionally go to only took 2 weeks to put up with just part time efforts and it's a 24x24 2 story on concrete pilings. Nice place.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.