Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What Would An Eruption Of The Yellowstone Supervolcano Look Like?

Feedback Score

I'm not going to worry about this one. Living in Nebraska I won't hardly have time to bend over and kiss my ass goodby. As for the rest of the country I feel lucky to go that way, because I don't relish the idea of starving to death. When this goes off it is going to severely put a kink in most of the northern hemisphere's life style all the way around the earth. The biggest laugh is China trying to foreclose on us after this happens, because there won't be anything left to foreclose on.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Animals leaving Yelllowstone.

Animals fleeing Yellowstone spark fears of volcanic eruption

Videos of bison seemingly fleeing Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming have sparked concerns among some bloggers that recent seismic activity could trigger the eruption of the park’s so-called supervolcano
    http://rt.com/usa/epoch-bison-yellowstone-volcano-909/

O.K.. All members near Jellystone are welcome down here.. Bring your own beer and reading material.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Don View Post
    I'm not going to worry about this one. Living in Nebraska I won't hardly have time to bend over and kiss my ass goodby. As for the rest of the country I feel lucky to go that way, because I don't relish the idea of starving to death. When this goes off it is going to severely put a kink in most of the northern hemisphere's life style all the way around the earth. The biggest laugh is China trying to foreclose on us after this happens, because there won't be anything left to foreclose on.
    Don, one of the biggest earthquake in modern times was the New Madrid disaster.
    1811–12 New Madrid earthquakes

The 1811–1812 New Madrid earthquakes /nuː ˈmædrɨd/ were an intense intraplate earthquake series beginning with an initial pair of very large earthquakes on December 16, 1811. These earthquakes remain the most powerful earthquakes to hit the eastern United States in recorded history.[1] These events, as well as the seismic zone of their occurrence, were named for the Mississippi River town of New Madrid, then part of the Louisiana Territory, now within Missouri.
    1811?12 New Madrid earthquakes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even down here in Florida their is potential threats.. Off Africa's western shore their is a series of mountain cliffs. If one of them slides into the ocean, they predict it could trigger a huge tsunami. A wave large enough to sweep across our whole state.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

4th thats in the Azores, in college( early 80's) the geology professors used to say that it created a tsumani wave so large it created the atlantic coastal plain from maine to florida and yes it is predicted to wash right over south florida, as it did over south jersey

so 4th you maybe safe up there, in fact you may own potential waterfront property
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

just another KYAGB situation--

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    4th thats in the Azores, in college( early 80's) the geology professors used to say that it created a tsumani wave so large it created the atlantic coastal plain from maine to florida and yes it is predicted to wash right over south florida, as it did over south jersey

so 4th you maybe safe up there, in fact you may own potential waterfront property
    Ah we own waterfront here "Saint Johns River" and on Long Island Sound.. Connecticut.. I had a home in Vermont on a lake, like looking at a painting that does not move. Not all its made up to be..
    Yeah think I will buy a surf board, that would be one hell of a last ride.. Surfs up dudes, lets ride..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What Would An Eruption Of The Yellowstone Supervolcano Look Like?-blue_creek_riverview.jpg  

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

now i got some 'jimmy buffet" tunes somewhere and a bottle of 151---

:where ya gonna go when the volcano blow?" --everybody now--

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Looks like BB might just be having some new ocean front property pretty soon,,

Don't discount when critters make major moves out of the clear blue sky when there's no apparent reason for it. The last little shaker we had around here, last fall,, my critters all jumped in my lap just before it started,and were acting a bit sketchy for a couple hours before it happened,they have senses we just don't understand sometimes. Pay attention to what the critters are doing, it can give you a heads up if something weird is going to happen, they seem to know when somethings just not quite right.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

How Bad Would A Yellowstone Eruption Be?

April 2, 2014, by Ken Jorgustin

image source: National Geographic

Mount St. Helens was tiny compared to the most dangerous category of volcano – the super volcano. The Yellowstone super volcano is located in the Yellowstone National Park of Wyoming. Try to imagine a volcanic eruption 10,000 times stronger than Mount St. Helens – an eruption that would threaten our very survival.

The image above illustrates the size of the Yellowstone super volcano magma chamber superimposed in 3D beneath the state outlines of Wyoming and Idaho. Notice the relative size compared with the green outline of Yellowstone National Park and the red outline of the caldera itself. It’s huge.

Read more…

Black Blade: A Yellowstone caldera collapse would be a global catastrophe (think "The Road" - Cormac McCarthy).
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post

That's why I like living here in the foothills at the base of the Apalachians. With any luck it'll be the new "grand strand" after the killer tsunami hits the eastern seaboard. Kind of like that Morgan Freeman movie Deep Impact. The kids survived by heading up into the mountains.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.