Thread: Self Defense Tactical Pen

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Self Defense Tactical Pen

Self Defense Tactical Pen

April 2, 2014, by Ken Jorgustin

I recently came across this interesting ‘tool’ for self defense which will compliment one’s overall preparedness for personal protection.

It’s a tactical pen:

Read more…

Black Blade: I have a couple of these (in digital camo of course). My brother who is a lifer in the military gave me one for Christmas a few years ago and I got another in some promotion deal for another product. I used to travel by air so I thought it would be interesting to see if the TSA types would make a fuss over it. I asked a TSA friend about it and he never even heard of "tactical pens" so I guess we are G2G for now at least. My main concern however, is where to get ink cartridge refills.
    Last edited by Black Blade; 04-04-2014 at 09:25 AM.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

Hell, a pencil in the eye socket will kill you deader than dead.

Last time I checked TSA still allows sharpened pencils.

I prefer a #2

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

I didn't realize that Schrade made one. Cool.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Junk,you're going to carry a knife, carry a knife , use a real one, not a toy,,,,

Fuck,,,if I lived where some of you guys do, I'd carry "Excalibur" if I could get away with it!!

When I do carry a defense knife this is what I use and have had sense Nam and it has accounted for 4 of my confirmed ,,,so I guess it works OK,,,you can have you're "pen knifes", but not what I'd want to defend myself with if I had to, those are only a thrusting tool and are limited in there use. That old girl was taped to my web gear from day 1 in Nam.

But then again,, I also used to carry a 45,a snubbie 357, and a 12 ga mares leg plus the 60, so I had every intention of coming back, and did!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Self Defense Tactical Pen-008.jpg  

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
    Self Defense Tactical Pen

April 2, 2014, by Ken Jorgustin

I recently came across this interesting ‘tool’ for self defense which will compliment one’s overall preparedness for personal protection.

It’s a tactical pen:

Read more…

Black Blade: I have a couple of these (in digital camo of course). My brother who is a lifer in the military gave me one for Christmas a few years ago and I got another in some promotion deal for another product. I used to travel by air so I thought it would be interesting to see if the TSA types would make a fuss over it. I asked a TSA friend about it and he never even heard of "tactical pens" so I guess we are G2G for now at least. My main concern however, is where to get ink cartridge refills.
    Why not just carry on a small knife, "tire checker" mini baseball bat and golf club instead? TSA apparently has no problem with them now. Razor boxcutters are still prohibited though? Ink refills here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...odesurvblog-20

The TSA Blog: TSA Prohibited Items List Changing - Small Pocket Knives and Some Sporting Goods Items to be Permitted

"After the review, TSA Administrator John S. Pistole made the decision to start allowing the following items in carry-on bags. The implementation of the change has been delayed, but when implemented, the following items will be permitted:

Small Pocket Knives – Small knives with non-locking blades smaller than 2.36 inches and less than 1/2 inch in width will be permitted
    Small Novelty Bats and Toy Bats
    Ski Poles
    Hockey Sticks
    Lacrosse Sticks
    Billiard Cues
    Golf Clubs (Limit Two)

These similar items will still remain on the prohibited items list:

Razor blades and box cutters will remain prohibited in carry-on luggage.
    Full-size baseball, softball and cricket bats are prohibited items in carry-on luggage. "

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

TWA is that the Gerber I bought in the 60's and cold blued? Gave it to a good friend who has since passed. Carry a black jack now.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

This is what I have:

I stopped flying myself so TSA abuse is no longer a concern. I rather drive several hours than be treated like cattle and delayed waiting in lines, being poked, prodded, felt up and down, disrobed, etc. Found I prefer taking my time driving and enjoying the sights now.

As for a knife, who needs a knife?

When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Naw stalker1, just a good quality knock off from way back when, but the same style as the old school Gerber fighting knifes. I hardly if ever carry it anymore but I just couldn't bear to part with it sense it saved my bacon 4 times and it just spends most of its time stuck in a cabinet with other unused stuff nowadays.

Agreed BB,who actually needs one unless it's Excaliber,,,,you can pull a gun just as fast with better results and at greater distances, but at close quarters and in the right hands of someone that knows how to use one,,devastating,,,

but I don't even pretend to know how to myself. It was just another tool in the box at that time.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.