Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: U.S. electricity prices may be going up for good

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

oh yeah... i forgot to ad this part of BB's post to mine:

Some places like Oklahoma have recently made it a crime to build solar power for private residences unless residents pay a fee to the local utilities.

thats EXACTLY how it is here.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

You Got To be shitting me dutigaf??? What happened to reducing our carbon footprint as the "greenies and libs " keep advocating?

It's not legal in your state without paying a fee? That's just ridiculous!!

I guess it's NOT,,,"for the children" & "polar bears" after all,,,,is it?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    You Got To be shitting me dutigaf??? What happened to reducing our carbon footprint as the "greenies and libs " keep advocating?

It's not legal in your state without paying a fee? That's just ridiculous!!

I guess it's NOT,,,"for the children" & "polar bears" after all,,,,is it?
    It's about "being fair" to those tethered to the grid. If you are not dependent on others like the utilities and government services the Progs say you are being "unfair" to those who are dependent and you are not "paying your fair share" to the grid masters (whatever the hell that means). So far this insanity hasn't hit in my part of the country (yet). If it does I will see how I can get in under the wire if possible. I would like a solar array as backup since power outages here in the high country can last several days (if not weeks). The Progs think that if we can't be equally rich then we should all be equally poor. All I want is to be independent and live in my own "Galt's Gulch".
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

^^^^^^ YES its exactly like BB is saying...

they cant "stop" you from going off the grid... BUT they can make it so expensive that you cant afford to...

for my set up here in Ohio:

my options were:

drop off completely & have no grid access to power... no problem... but then the insurance outfits get you... NO COVERAGE unless you had a licensed & approved contractor install the entire set up & then paid an electrical engineer of the county's choosing to sign off on the system. this added about $9K extra to it making it $38K to do it... which is equal to my electric bill for 26.7 YEARS!!

OR

stay connected & have both set ups.... this way you still pay all the minimum fees & can "give power back" if theres extra... again regulated by the utility commission & insurance industry... so it was the same $38K PLUS still having to pay a monthly minimum bill....

all because it was a pre existing home/customer to the power company.

so IF i was doing new construction from zero & could build around it? THEN you could absorb the cost.. which was around $29K... but again the insurance company still had to send "their" engineer to sign off on it.

all the bullshit about helping the environment and saving energy is just as big of a lie as thinking pakistan is our friend.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.