Thread: Online Scanner: Police-Fire-Emergency

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Online Scanner: Police-Fire-Emergency

Online Scanner: Police-Fire-Emergency

May 3, 2014, by Ken Jorgustin

A prepper mindset of situational awareness not only encompasses your immediate surroundings, but extends outward beyond your visual perimeter – or at least it should. A police scanner is one source tool for situational awareness which may be of value during certain emergency situations.

There are ‘hardware’ scanners and there are online scanners (software), the latter of which are convenient and often ‘free’ services which you can run on your PC or your smart-phone as an app. Here are a few online scanner choices which I’ve come across…

Read more…
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

There's also a good thread on arfcom right now about how to use software with a cheap USB dongle to listen to police, aircraft, ham, or almost anything you might desire.
    The $20 APCO-25 reviever. Listen to digital Police radios for under $400 - AR15.COM
    Certified AR-15/M-16 Armorer / SIG Pistol Armorer

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Looking at that just reminded me of one of the million reasons I hate Arfcom. My eyes get all crossed up trying to read on there with all the dark crap.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.