Thread: Right to farm being stripped from Americans: Michigan to criminalize family farms

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Right to farm being stripped from Americans: Michigan to criminalize family farms

Right to farm being stripped from Americans: Michigan to criminalize small family farms with chickens, goats, honey bees and more

naturalnews.com / by Mike Adams / Friday, May 02, 2014

In the latest stunning assault on Americans’ right to grow their own food, the freedom-crushing state of Michigan has ruled that local governments (cities, towns, counties) can now ban any animal they wish from small residential farms. The move opens the door to the mass criminalization of backyard farms and small, residential farming operations where people might keep a few goats or honey bees for food security.

According to Michigan Public Radio (1), the ruling could ban all chickens, goats, honey bees and other animals from farms which have another residential house less than 250 feet away.

Off The Grid News(2) goes on to report:

Some homesteaders in Michigan could find themselves in a complete regulatory limbo because of the Commission’s action. Blogger, writer and organic farmer Michelle Regalado Deatrick does not know if she’ll be able to keep her livestock, because about half of her 80-acre farm may not be zoned for farm animals.

“We’re building up a mixed production farm, planning to farm during retirement, and we have a permit in hand for a livestock facility,” Deatrick said, “…Now we’re having to reconsider our business plans and may sell the farm and buy a farm in a more rural area with definite [Right To Farm] protection, or move to another state that’s more welcoming and protective of small farm rights.”

READ MORE
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

My Chickens have little guns (.22's).

I taught them how to shoot.

The King Rooster ate a rattler once. Ate him right down. Swallowed him whole.

My chickens are killers and insane.

I don't think the US "gummit" better be messing with my chickens.

I'm even a little scared of them armed chickens.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

And again the sheeple will not see a problem with government overreach and tyranny.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.