Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Frugal U.S. consumers make it tough for food companies to raise prices

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sniper69 View Post
    LOL - from seeing the size of some of the people around here they do need to be more health conscious...

As for around my house, supper isn't supper without some meat on the plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    We are carnivores by evolution.hell all the cows I eat eat all the vegetables I need. Now I'm ready for a hamburger.
    you guys crack me up.. gotta use those phrases.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by sniper69 View Post
    the deer there are smaller than the deer here in OH
    Why is that ? I hunted deer in NH that were as big as BlackTail and the deer down here on the 26th parallel look like german shepherds with horns. And the Key Deer, they're just ridiculous.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    you guys crack me up.. gotta use those phrases.
    Glad you got a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_02 View Post
    Why is that ? I hunted deer in NH that were as big as BlackTail and the deer down here on the 26th parallel look like german shepherds with horns. And the Key Deer, they're just ridiculous.
    Hunter
    Hunter - hard to say why, it just seems that the deer down South are smaller - but what they lack in size they make up in numbers (at least in AL).
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

FDA To Ban Organic Farming?

offthegridnews.com / by: Michael Foust / May 16, 2014

Farming methods that have been used in America and throughout the world for centuries are in danger of essentially being banned under proposed regulations by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

Small and large organic farmsalike that sell produce would be impacted by the proposed new rules, which would place burdensome restrictions on everything from compost to livestock to water – so much so that many organic farmers will be forced out of business, said Judith McGeary, executive director of the Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance, a national organization that supports independent family farmers. The restrictions placed on compost would be so severe that it amounts to a ban. Organic farms that have livestock in close proximity to their crops also would find it difficult to clear government rules. Additionally, organic farms that use surface water would be forced to test their water regularly. All total, it could add up to many organic farms simply closing, unable to grow crops naturally or unable to afford the cost. It’s all part of the FDA’s food safety proposals that impact all farms – not just organic. But it’s the organic farms that will be hit hardest. Congress handed FDA the power in 2010 to regulate farms.

Off The Grid News recently asked McGeary to explain her concerns about the proposed regulations. Following is a transcript:

Off The Grid News: There has been a lot of conflicting data on how the FDA’s proposed food safety rules will impact organic farmers. Could you begin by telling us how it would impact their use of compost?

Judith McGeary: The proposed rules include extremely stringent restrictions on the use of what the FDA calls “biological soil amendments,” which includes compost, compost teas and manure. The regulations cover how the soil amendments can be made, their handling, storage, application and much more.

READ MORE

When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Well now you know why I don't order a salad with my steak!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.