Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Solution To Record Meat Prices: The Return Of Pink Slime

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i wonder what micky-Ds is going to start calling thir pink-slime burgers?

a MacPinking it?--LOL!

seriously their stuff has not tasted right for a long long time--

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

looks like the double fires are back--

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

McD's burgers haven't tasted right since the late 80's/very early 90's. Shortly after Ray Kroc passed away it seemed that those that took the helm made changes (and not for the better). If anyone remembers MCD's fries up until about 91 they tasted good. After that the formulation for the oil they were cooked in changed (the old formula had beef tallow in it, the vegetarians complained big time, it was changed to an all vegetable formulation and the fries started to not taste as good).
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by BackAgain View Post
    I won't challenge your personal experience, but the beef we have gotten from my friend is the most tender, tasteful, beef I have ever eaten. I would hazard a guess they aren't in a huge several hundred, or several thousand, acre pasture. I can tell you I have had corn fed beef and it is good too.

I guess my point more than anything was if you want to know what is being fed the meat you eat go to the source and ask and watch. Otherwise you will never know.
    Can't argue with you there. It is nice to know what you are eating has been eating.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

the bad thing about feed corn is that today the feed corn has been monkeyed with and it is now a GMO thing--

they modded the corn to prevent bugs from eating the crop-- the bad thing is the new corn is difficult to digest , so the give cows antibiotics because the GMO corn made the bovines sick. the antiboits over time make the super bacteria--

nothing wrong with a good feeder steer or cow-- IF it was not fed GMO corn.

and that is the problem-- the market is flooded with bad GMO corn. it gives bovines the shitz and the meat tastes like wax covered PLASTIC !!!

it might be the cause of some of those super bug bacteria too-- due to all the drugs the give the cows eating that shit.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    the bad thing about feed corn is that today the feed corn has been monkeyed with and it is now a GMO thing--

they modded the corn to prevent bugs from eating the crop-- the bad thing is the new corn is difficult to digest , so the give cows antibiotics because the GMO corn made the bovines sick. the antiboits over time make the super bacteria--

nothing wrong with a good feeder steer or cow-- IF it was not fed GMO corn.

and that is the problem-- the market is flooded with bad GMO corn. it gives bovines the shitz and the meat tastes like wax covered PLASTIC !!!

it might be the cause of some of those super bug bacteria too-- due to all the drugs the give the cows eating that shit.
    I don't know any beef farmers that put antibiotics in there feed. I have helped feed the cows on thre farms inthe area. Granted they are smaller farms, all under 100 head of cattle.

Feed consists of ground corn, either with or without the cob. Some soybeans or soybean meal. Hay, possibly silage or haylage, a little salt, and some protien pellets. neve any antiboiotics. Antibiotics are not cheap. Typically the only antibiotics would be given to any new members of the heard who came from somewhere that can't be verified (i.e. stockyards). If the cows come from a local farm they are usually healthy and don't need any antibiotics. Once an animal goes to the stockyards they can get some sort of a cold, so it is best to protect your invenstment.

I don't want to get into the GMO debate becasue you are on one side, and I am on the other. I can tell you I have cleaned up plenty of shit, and dug through it whil washing things down. Most of the corn is digested.

You do know that hay is GMO as well don't you? Most of the hay that is grown, at least around here, is round-up ready.

My corn feed beef melts in your mouth. I can't even buy steaks at the store without being dissapointed. Doesn't matter if it is Kroger or a high end butcher shop.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

my hay ain't GMO and nither is my corn --

you hear about that GMO hay in texas that went TOXIC-??

Quote Originally Posted by 00redZX-6R View Post
    I don't know any beef farmers that put antibiotics in there feed. I have helped feed the cows on thre farms inthe area. Granted they are smaller farms, all under 100 head of cattle.

Feed consists of ground corn, either with or without the cob. Some soybeans or soybean meal. Hay, possibly silage or haylage, a little salt, and some protien pellets. neve any antiboiotics. Antibiotics are not cheap. Typically the only antibiotics would be given to any new members of the heard who came from somewhere that can't be verified (i.e. stockyards). If the cows come from a local farm they are usually healthy and don't need any antibiotics. Once an animal goes to the stockyards they can get some sort of a cold, so it is best to protect your invenstment.

I don't want to get into the GMO debate becasue you are on one side, and I am on the other. I can tell you I have cleaned up plenty of shit, and dug through it whil washing things down. Most of the corn is digested.

You do know that hay is GMO as well don't you? Most of the hay that is grown, at least around here, is round-up ready.

My corn feed beef melts in your mouth. I can't even buy steaks at the store without being dissapointed. Doesn't matter if it is Kroger or a high end butcher shop.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.