Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Shelf Life of Commercially Canned Foods

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Dad was a MGS when he retired from the Marine reserves after 23 years in 1971. He would bring home cases of the c-rats when I was growing up. I do remember stories of canned goods found on river boats that sunk over 100 years ago with good seals.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I am still eating canned corn, canned red beans, canned white beans, canned black beans, canned baked beans and canned peaches over 10 years old that taste perfectly fine. I'm still alive and no ill effects so must not be a problem. I recall seeing a price tag on the corn for 25 cents and the red beans for 37 cents so it was bought a while ago.

Survive and thrive in Mad Max World Forum
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

Well, I can top that 10 yo stuff Black Blade. I was about 10 yo in the mid 60's hanging around with some friends we found a whole case of olive drab cans of spaghetti from WWII, dated like 1944 IIRC. Over the course of that summer we ate the whole case. Stuff tasted fine and none of us got sick from it. IDK if I'd try that today unless I was really hungry. Dumbass kids, we didn't know any better.
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The price of food climbs so fast today compared to my SSDI check that I have cut back on my meds. Is this Obama's plan?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

railbuggy

I would look into Kanadian meds, my doctors recommended global pharmacies in Kanada the prices are cheaper, don't go without your meds
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Sorry for my bitching. The VA only charge me $8 to fill a script.

I thought about dropping my Medicare. They take $104 from my check every month even though I use the VA Hospital. That $104 would pay for my meds.

Back to subject: My local Kroger has Chicken of the Sea 5oz chunk light tuna @2 for a dollar. I need to go buy about 50 more cans. My X moved in last Dec when hubby #7 and #9 went back to jail.(same guy) I was 4 & 6. I left her in 2008 when she went to prison for fooling with a 16yo kid. She got out in 2011 and I can't shake her. She has been eating my can tuna up that I had boxed for SHTF.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

man I thought I had problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a ex girlfriend like that she would show up for a few nights then disappear for a year or two or after a husband or BF, finally I just looked her in the eye and said I don't ever want to see you again! and i mean it, never saw her again
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Railbuggy you remind me how blessed I am .when I walked out on my ex I knew I would be writing checks for the the next 16years. Been with my current and last and the love of my life since 89.my ex tried to bankrupt me.my good memory was going to the lawyer s office (hers) to tell what I would pay. I reached over to my jacket and my ex and her lawyer both ducked under the table while I pulled a stick of gum from my pocket! ROFLMAO!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Canned Food Shelf Life Studies

Canned Food will last much longer than you may realize. The ‘Use-by’ dates that are posted on cans are confusing and many people incorrectly associate them with shelf life.

In fact the following studies prove that canned food can least for a very long time!

Read more…
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by railbuggy View Post
    Sorry for my bitching. The VA only charge me $8 to fill a script.

I thought about dropping my Medicare. They take $104 from my check every month even though I use the VA Hospital. That $104 would pay for my meds.

Back to subject: My local Kroger has Chicken of the Sea 5oz chunk light tuna @2 for a dollar. I need to go buy about 50 more cans. My X moved in last Dec when hubby #7 and #9 went back to jail.(same guy) I was 4 & 6. I left her in 2008 when she went to prison for fooling with a 16yo kid. She got out in 2011 and I can't shake her. She has been eating my can tuna up that I had boxed for SHTF.
    Off topic a bit for Rails on the subject of Medicare.
    Railbuggy first thing you do when you read this is cancel your Medicare part B, cancel it like yesterday. Part A is for the hospital bill, part B of medicare is for the Doctors. You do NOT need B if you use the V.A. NOT. Hell you do not even need Medicare period.
    If you go too a hospital in and "emergency" do NOT tell them you have Medicare the V.A. will pay, but if you mention Medicare the V.A. will not pay. Show your V.A. card only.
    Ask for a "Meens Test" at the V.A. If you fall below a certain median income, your co-pay is free.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.