Thread: Something Completely different, a weld build!!

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Default Something Completely different, a weld build!!

I have built a few ak's and needed something different and a little more challenging, So I got a mg 42 kit and am building a semi-auto. I hooked up with a guy from Miami and we had a mini build party today. Here are the results so far!
    I got a HF tig welder and it works great, a lot of performance for a little $$$
    We got the receivers welded and now they need to be ground and all the parts fitted. then the gripsticks and bolts nedd to be modified for semi auto. A LOT of work, but a fun project!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Throbbing Member scheistermeister's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

thats cool as hell i only wish i had that much money to spend on guns and kits!

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Not that bad, really. kit, $500.00, about $250.00 for other stuff, about $750.00 for a gun that sells for $4,600.00. Plus I get to TIG weld!!! priceless!!!!

Throbbing Member scheistermeister's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

well im a poor college student so when i do have money for a gun about as high as i can go with $400 max. and since i havent been working lately i only have that kind of money once in a blue moon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Two questions! Do they torch cut the barrel shroud too? Looks like a cool build to me, is it 8mm or .308?
    I had a video that showed a guy build an AK receiver from flat stock by welding the sides together, looked damn crude but it worked just fine. It may have looked OK when he cleaned up all the welds and finished the metal later but that wasn?t shone on the video.
    "Moss Isley spaceport. You'll not find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"
    (Actually this better describes Washington than Moss Isley)

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

These kits are cut in 3 places, the front about 2" back from the muzzle booster, in front of the trunion and about 3" from the rear. the parts are relatively easy to line up, I used flat stock for the rear and made a simple jig for the middle cut, then just eyeballed the front.
    The kit is .308, I really wanted an 8mm because ammo is really cheap. I plan on getting the 8mm parts so I will be able to shoot both. This thing has a LOT of parts, about 8 ak kits worth!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.