Thread: New project ideas

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Default New project ideas

There are currently lots of different gun parts kits available. soon they will be gone or priced out of reach. now is the time to start getting some kits for the future. the ones that interest me at the moment are:

MG15, there is a 80% receiver available and the conversion is in the works. ther ar to types of kits air cooled and water cooled available, I was told only 200 aircooled kits were imported, this will be a rare gun to have and a worthwhile project

Maxim, semi conversion should be available soon, lots of cheap ammo available

Vickers, semi conversion in the works, another rare gun

MG13, no conversion in the works as far as I know but worth looking into.

Breda, semi approved or will be shortly

Bren, an approved conversion exists but not much build info available.

What are you interested in? lets get a list going and do some research to get them built

Nationalistic Infidel. helldriver's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thumbs up

I'm interested in info for the Maxim 1910 since I've been sitting on a primo kit for nearly four years. Its been forever and a day since talk of making a semi conversion came about but no ones really shown anything for it.

Also lets get some info about building a Semi Bren gun. We need someone who can make cheap reweld jigs and or possibly a way cheaper receiver than whats out there. I wonder if a sand cast receiver would be an alternative like some gun makers utalize? We even need a source or two for US made parts and such.

Lastly, something about building a Vz58 rifle would be nice. We need more sources for semi receivers and US parts. Cast receivers come to mind hear also.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

The maxim approval is coming soon along with conversion parts. the bren jigs are simple, I am trying to find a good kit for a reasonable price. vz58 and bren rec are almost the same. we need to do some research and start a thread for each

Master Endmill Breaker Rhino_66's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

The VZ-58 "80% receiver" is a weld-on section that uses the front stub of the receiver from the kit. It is an impressive amount of machining for a weld-on patch. This does require some pretty serious machining and welding skills to finish. At a minimum, you would want access to a mill to cut the stub and patch section square and to the correct lenth. The problem will be coming up with the necessary parts to meet the parts count requirement.

I'm also impressed by the 2-piece 80% receiver for the Skorpion that Prexis makes. It's expensive, but when you see the amount of machining that was done you'll understand why.

Link for both:
    http://www.prexis.com/sten/42.htm
    The most damning evidence is the truth.

That which does not kill you, really really really hurts...

Gunco Member #21

Feedback Score

Here's a couple of parts that will start us towards compliance.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Now that looks a LOT better than those flake-board composite pieces that come with the kit!!!

I really need to track down a complete demilled receiver. I know that some kits included 4 pieces that were torched apart. From that, it's a short jump to a working dimensioned drawing, and then a complete receiver.

If nothing else, the important pieces could be made from a series of blocks that could be riveted into a piece of channel. I think that's the plan that OOW has in mind.

Gunco Member #21

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Now that looks a LOT better than those flake-board composite pieces that come with the kit!!!

I really need to track down a complete demilled receiver. I know that some kits included 4 pieces that were torched apart. From that, it's a short jump to a working dimensioned drawing, and then a complete receiver.

If nothing else, the important pieces could be made from a series of blocks that could be riveted into a piece of channel. I think that's the plan that OOW has in mind.

Gunco Member #21

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.