Gunco Forums banner

MG42 , build in progress

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Winn R 
#1 ·
Matt picked up a couple kit's for me at Knob Creek from M.G.S. , good kit's , good price , put no rear rec. sections . So , I ordered the 80% reciever from BRP , nice hunk of metal but damn all pricy . Cost $900.00 . Stephanie 'bout kicked my ass , but I had to have it :) . I've worked on the last few nite's , got togather and cycling smoothly by hand . Next will be to finish up the rivet's [Brian at BRP asked if I could handle riveting the rails , that was funny] . So far I've got about 5-6 hours into it . Build AK's all day till 6 or 7 the work on my MG for a few hours for fun :) . Life is good .

BTW ; The thing would not be nearly as far along as it is if Pirate wasn't such a good guy about shareing his brain :)
I'll have to resize the pictures of it built and post them later.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
VERY cool!

#10 ·
I'm sick -- 2 days!!!!

I wish I could become a professional as easy as the girl on the corner.

She said all she had to do was start charging for what she'd been giving away free!

#13 ·
cheezytwang said:
anyone here of an mg34 semi build?

Those are milled. The relative difficulty is even greater than the Ak difference. The only one I saw made the welded Brens look good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.