Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Problems with Century Arms

Gunco Rookie Dan @ Angola Armory's Avatar
    Feedback Score

I spend alot at Century, Have a salesman who takes care of me, shippers who must know me by now, never a problem.
    FWIW,
    Dan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I called Century for the RMA number as part of the process of getting my money back and got a different guy on the phone. Long story short, I will be getting a credit back for $50 (this is the amount that I figured I could purchase a new barrel for).

well here is my take on it.......you screwed yourself..... I seriously doubt that you will find a decent barrel for 50 bucks. here is what I would have done, I would have told them if I don't receive a good barrel within a set time, I would give them a set date for it be be delievered, I am going to contact my CC company and take back every single cent I gave you, and if you want your parts kit back, then you send someone from a shipping carrier, AT MY CONVIENENCE, and take if off my hands.

don't let these people walk over you.
    tac32 likes this.
    "I can make this march, and make georgia howl!"

Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman

Throbbing Member scheistermeister's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by W.T. Sherman
    I called Century for the RMA number as part of the process of getting my money back and got a different guy on the phone. Long story short, I will be getting a credit back for $50 (this is the amount that I figured I could purchase a new barrel for).

well here is my take on it.......you screwed yourself..... I seriously doubt that you will find a decent barrel for 50 bucks. here is what I would have done, I would have told them if I don't receive a good barrel within a set time, I would give them a set date for it be be delievered, I am going to contact my CC company and take back every single cent I gave you, and if you want your parts kit back, then you send someone from a shipping carrier, AT MY CONVIENENCE, and take if off my hands.

don't let these people walk over you.
    +1 either A) youd get a barrel B) you wouldnt get a barrel, but youd have your money back and possibley (depending on how much effort theyd put into it) a full parts kit minus the barrel

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Yes, I know I probably can't buy a barrel for $50 but at the time, considering that I'd have to ship this damn thing back and pay high rates, I decided to go with it. They indicated that they didn't have ANY more barrels for these kits(I really wonder if one of the largest importers in the US doens't have any spare MG442 barrels lying around. When I spoke to the bank to inform them about the money that Century was agreeing to pay, the lady on the phone advised me not to cancel my complaint and charge back investigation. She said alot of times individuals or companies don't always come through and the individuals have to refile the investigation. So, I left it open. I have a temporary credit for the full amount of the parts kit, and it will ber returned it if everything works out. Otherwise, I may still end up packing it up and sending it out.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I for one wouldn't buy from Northridge Inc. I ordered some items from them on a Monday, got a notification to expect delivery in 2 or 3 wks on Wed. Then on Fri. I get an email saying that, "sorry the price on our site was incorrect and the parts you ordered went up $24.99, how many do you want?" I was nice and emailed them with great restraint and told them none, I figured I'd see if they'd change the price on their item in a week, but so far it hasn't changed yet. I was looking to ordering around another $120 to $150 in goods but not with a variable sliding price. I'd try Gun Parts Corp thought I saw some there or was it IO.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I have only gotten one bad product from Century , and that was fixed without any problems . However the internet abounds with bad stories about century : the down side of that is that century arms is the biggest importer into the USA of military arms. I would about bet that Century would change thier policy with you about buying from them again if they know the ill will that thier actions will cause across the internet by you telling your story in a negative light . No one but no one likes the bad press , and it has to bother them to know there are a lot of people out here who spend over a k per year who are going to be looking at them a lot closer now ( you know that 500 dollar free shipping is a good deal ). I do not know who your sales rep is , but I would call in and ask for a differnt one , that might aliviate part of the problems right off of the bat. It might have been a case of where you got a new sales rep and he was so inept that he screwed you around , I know that we were not happy when they changed our rep. One other thing was the product delivered as advertised , some of thier kits specifically state that they will not provide a barrel, i believe due to the inter ordnance fiasco.
    MOLON LABE !!!!!

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjemin Franklin

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. -- Sigmund Freud

TO vote for the lesser of two evils , is to still vote for evil.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I have a bolt gun from Century. It's a 300 Win Mag on a P14 receiver. I've taken deer with one shot at 400+ yards and hit exactly where I was aiming. Haven't tried anything longer.

As well as I like this gun I was surprised to hear that people have been having problems.
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
    I Like 1911's.

deactive ~ and in trouble Randy's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Twice now I've gotten e-mails from Century with a deal I couldn't live without. Called my Rep to buy, he's verified they are in stock and available so I pay for them.

I have never received either one. When I call a couple weeks later to find out WTF happened to my stuff I get the same song and dance about how quickly things move from the warehouse....

They can never seem to answer the question as to why they went to physically check to make sure they had what I ordered and assuring me it was there first before accepting my payment if it wasn't there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher
    I have a bolt gun from Century.
    Please say it with me..... "BOLT...... ACTION..... RIFLE."
    I'm not sure which dread-lochs wearin' retard came up with 'bolt-gun', but I wish they would take it back ! Sorry for the highjack and the rant.
    Я люблю работать с очень большими молотками
    Yuh nah waste out yuh chance fi paint di town red,
    Cause when yuh buss it up, a fi mek Babylon fled
    And uh respect rasta livety yuh nah dis no dread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.