Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: MG42 (actually Yugo M53) kit arrived!!!!

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

BRP gets $900.00 for a "dummy reciever?? YIKES
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

what gets me is that it's a 7.62 NATO barrel.............which is real odd since yugoslavia was a communist country.
    "I can make this march, and make georgia howl!"

Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman

Master Endmill Breaker Rhino_66's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Yep, the BRP is a completely usable dummy receiver. There is a dummy camming piece and a rectangular bar welded in to prevent installation of the bolt. After removing the rectangular bar and welding in the full-auto blocker bar, the rest of the cuts can be made.

Their receivers are not rewelds, they are completely new stampings.

The most damning evidence is the truth.

That which does not kill you, really really really hurts...

Gunco Member #21

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock
    BRP gets $900.00 for a "dummy reciever?? YIKES
    I used one of those for my build after getting the century type kit from MGS . A little patience and I could have got a kit that was buildable from Angola .
    Will Hayden, RedJacket Firearms
    www.Redstick-Firearms.com

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Jacket Firearms
    I used one of those for my build after getting the century type kit from MGS . A little patience and I could have got a kit that was buildable from Angola .
    Patience????

Will -- You got one of these up and going in 2 days!!!

Screw patience. I want one that works.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

hehe , yeah well , patience may be a virtue , but it's damn sure not one of my strong points lol
    Will Hayden, RedJacket Firearms
    www.Redstick-Firearms.com

Feedback Score

The weaponeer group buy cleaned BRP out of all the dummies, and they sold out of rear sections a while ago. it seems that brian isnt planning on making any more for a while. there arent many options left and the century kits are worthless except for spares

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Winn R
    Ok -- mine jams up. The barrel hangs back and I've not got the AK attitude of take it off and if it's not the right thing add weld.

I had to sit it down. More on this later.

And -- Everyone download the BRP book. Fifty pages of free info.
    Does the barrel bushing slide easily in the support? Is the recuperator oiled up? with the flash hider/booster removed and the gun muzzle down w/ the barrel bearing resting on the floor push the gun down, do the recuperator springs push it back up fully? Are you positive you have the reciever welded perfectly straight.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew69
    Does the barrel bushing slide easily in the support? Is the recuperator oiled up? with the flash hider/booster removed and the gun muzzle down w/ the barrel bearing resting on the floor push the gun down, do the recuperator springs push it back up fully? Are you positive you have the reciever welded perfectly straight.
    Mt -- thanks for the check list.

The barrel return test fails.

And unfortunately the answer to the last question is no. Maybe I'll pick it back up this weekend. I've not located the precise point of hang up.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Winn R
    Mt -- thanks for the check list.

The barrel return test fails.

And unfortunately the answer to the last question is no. Maybe I'll pick it back up this weekend. I've not located the precise point of hang up.
    With the barrel in does the barrel door close and latch easily? if yes then the reciever *should* be straight enough.

I'm thinking either the barrel is hanging up on something or the recuperator springs are shot. i'd say a hang up is more likely but to make sure remove the stock, buffer, return spring, bolt, recuperator and the flash supressor/booster. Hold the gun vertically w/ the muzzle down and push up on the barrel bushing do you feel any resistance other than the weight of the barrel? does the barrel or bushing stick at any point when being pushed upward? do they drop back down by themselves? if thats all ok then i'd look at the recuperator next. I can only think of two problems that could occur 1. The springs are shot or 2. It's assembled wrong. There's a nice post on www.mg42.us by drooling idiot on the recuperator http://www.panzer46.net/mg42board/viewtopic.php?t=1612 i'm out of ideas after that

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.