Thread: MG15, another project

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Default MG15, another project

This is another of my projects for the coming year. It is an aircooled aircraft version of the MG15. I like it because it looks like a king kong pistol!! I shoots 8mm and should be a real head turner when done. The MG15 comes in 3 variations, the air cooled aircraft, an aircooled ground gun and a water cooled ground gun. It takes the double drum mags that also have a cool factor of 10 or more, although they are a bit pricey. The 80% semi receivers are being made by 762x51, and he is also in the process of gettinf an approval for the semi conversion. The receivers are a work of art in metal. the machine work is perfect and the parts mate up perfectly right out of the box. The finished build with the mag will probly be around #1.200.00 when complete but it will be a very unusual and rare gun to have. It is my understanding that very few of the aircraft style guns were imported.
    If you are looking to build something completely different you may want to consider one of these. There are a few receivers left and you can see more photos at

http://www.autochart.com/groupbuys.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Pirate -- if the old adage is true, you will win!!

And I learn so much from your builds, I'm praying it's no time soon!!
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Pirate's had me wondering how I've lived without one this long . Pirate , are you going to do a step by step on this like you did on the MG42 ? [that's a hint , btw ]
    Will Hayden, RedJacket Firearms
    www.Redstick-Firearms.com

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Will, I know you just got to have one of these to mount on your war waggon!! if you build it FA like your 42 it will be a real hoot, as it has a cyclic rate similar to the mg42.
    It will definately make a good sidearm for aroud the store if you can come up with a holster!!
    I will document the build as soon as 762 gets his approval and has the semi parts for sale. He says it is not a difficult conversion to do. A lot easier than an mg42!!

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Winn, I think the thing most have learned from my builds is to hide the credit card!!
    For a simple guy, it sure is getting expensive being me!!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pirate56
    Will, I know you just got to have one of these to mount on your war waggon!! if you build it FA like your 42 it will be a real hoot, as it has a cyclic rate similar to the mg42.
    It will definately make a good sidearm for aroud the store if you can come up with a holster!!
    I will document the build as soon as 762 gets his approval and has the semi parts for sale. He says it is not a difficult conversion to do. A lot easier than an mg42!!
    I'm looking at it , got to get past changing out the engine before I do any more ordinance for it . You really don't think the MG42 , .50 BMG and 2 ppsh41's and the reactive armor will be enough huh ? Well , you might have a point
    Will Hayden, RedJacket Firearms
    www.Redstick-Firearms.com

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Nothing succeeds like excess.

Words gentlemen, which may appear on our stones!!
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Great looking kit you have there Stan!!

Here is a photo of the 80% receiver that it was built on - Well, not THE receiver but one like it

Semi-auto submittal has been delayed because the machine shop that was going to make the parts let me down.
    I am talking to another, more responsable, shop now and should have them up and going shortly.

Regards,
    Orin

"It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it." Gen. R.E. Lee CSA

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.