Thread: simplified 42????

Feedback Score

Default simplified 42????

well I managed to get 2 mg'42's before they all dried up. but there seems to be alot of parts floating around for them and it has me thinking. the 42 is like an ak the trunion takes up all the recoil and what is behind it is to mainly hold parts in place. i was wondering if a semi mg is feasable based on avaliable parts.... looks like all the tubing could be had for cheap and if one were to eliminate the quick change barrel feature in the channel . turn your own booster for the muzzel end you could likely get a working piece. I have been told that all the bend and curves are for rigity but im talking a semi anyhow. Im sure there's a few of you out there with alot knowladge let me know what you think ...... idea of foolish? :

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

there are 3-4 guys on here doing semi 42 builds ,Pirate in particular , go through the " other" section and see what they been up to .
    Will Hayden, RedJacket Firearms
    www.Redstick-Firearms.com

Master Endmill Breaker Rhino_66's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Actually the recuperator absorbs a good amount of recoil energy. More is absorbed when the bolt unlocks from the barrel and slams into the buffer.

Are you talking about making a new receiver out of square tubing rather than welding up the original pieces or buying a BRP receiver?

Full-auto or semi-auto, you are still dealing with 8mm or .308 ammunition. Cheaping out on receiver strength will quickly reveal any design flaws.

How do you plan on getting the barrel into or out of the receiver if you eliminate the barrel door?

The most damning evidence is the truth.

That which does not kill you, really really really hurts...

Gunco Member #21

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

sounds like an interesting, challenging and fun project!! Go for it!! If I can help in any way pm me. It is good to see someone think outside the box!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I have considered the same thing.

I was thinking about using a MG-13 magazine instead of a beltfed. I haven't gotten past the thinking phase, but a square tube receiver seems like the best way to go.

I was thinking of turning the bolt and barrel assembly unside down for magazine feeding from the bottom, but the empty shells will eject from the top of the receiver.

I have also considered building the SA rifle in the style of the FG-42 rifle. This will give it a shorter length more in line with the MG-42, and the empty shells will eject from the right side of the receiver.

Until I get another shop to work in, all this is still up in the air.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I was thinking more on the lines of shortening the barrel and putting E3 type handguards on the front. Imagine a M60 E3 / MG42.
    Visit http://www.WeaponsWorld.comfor the current ammunition sale prices!

Feedback Score

Talking

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.