Thread: 1919a4 build

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Question 1919a4 build

I have a question as to how hard it is to build one of these. is there alot of machining to do on the RH side plate? I know the rivet holes need to be drilled and I know that I need a S/A trigger and sear, but what else is required? and really how hard is it to do? I only have a drill press and riveting tools and basic home brew knowledge, no mill can it be done like this or would I really need more tools to accomplish this? the kits aren't badly priced and the side plates aren't too bad either. rivet kits are cheap, and the semi trigger and sear isn't too bad really I guess. anyone have any experience with these? I have 6 ak's and 2 fn fals all but the saiga ak were built by me, have 2 sks's also I figure it's time to step up to belt fed just for fun

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Well, I'm no expert on these by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have a kit on order and have been doing some research on them.
    The machining needs to be done to the bolt, barrel extension, lock frame and accelerator. The cost varies from $60 to $125, depending on who you have do the work.
    The side plate comes already machined. The 100% is ready to rivet on, if you go with a 80% you have to drill and chamfer the rivet holes.

Lots of good info here. http://www.1919a4.com/

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

what 7.62 said....Its a lot of fun but it can get expensive......If anyone needs one I have a brand new bucking bar setup for the 1919 rivets I am going to sell for what I have in it....
    FIREARM REFINISHING AT ITS FINEST !

Refinishing and Builds
    AK and variants
    FAL/AR-15/Handguns/Shotguns

Affordable prices/Licensed Gunsmith
    4 to 6 week turnaround
    -Send an email for a price quote today and
    check out our website-

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I guess this is a case where it would be as cheap or cheaper to just buy one already built from Shotgunnews or cdnn thanx for the info guys I appreciate it. I love projects but sadly I'm not made of money and well sometimes you just have to realize what would be cheapest.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Accessories can add up .Links,linker- tripod is twice what a kit is.The build is rather easy if all parts are modified already.I machined the internals myself.Bought 80% side plates.Just got in the A6 Israeli conversion stuff from Numrich.It came with a USGI flash hider still wrapped in the Green Core Rap paper that Birtman Electric Co. wrapped it in sometime in January of 1953!It looks rather historical sitting here on the floor with a 100 rd belt hanging out.Hope I can test fire it this weekend!I think ammo is going to be a cost factor too!Maybe I'll just have to ration shooting it to Memorial day ,Fourth of July,etc.I wish I had gotten beltfeed psychosis several years ago actually.I might have cut down on AKaholism and gone to the hard stuff earlier when the pickings were better(and cheaper)
    It's only metal, it's not magic.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I jumped on the bandwagon too! I ordered a select kit from weaponeer. The price is going to jump a hundred bucks so I figured now's the time.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I got one of the ORF ones. I was planning on building one and had it some-what figured out how much it would have cost to assemble one on my own. My guess came out to $750-850 + my time, that's having the internals machined and the other parts needed, this was all based on a $399 kit. But then I found one that came with the A6 stuff and 7 cloth belts for $1100, so I saved a few bucks going this route.

Accessories can add up .Links,linker- tripod is twice what a kit is
    Exactly, mainly the tripods and linkers if you want origonal GI stuff. Origonal tripods go for well over $500, linkers are like $300-400 and belt loader are over a grand.
    There's a couple guys on 1919A4.com that make some of this stuff. One guy makes linkers starting at $100 and another guy makes repo tripods starting at around $300. I'm using an MG42 Anti Air tripod with mine, got it at the Ammunition store for like $100, it can be set low or high enough you can stand behind the gun. Links vary in price, from $60 to $100 for a 1000.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Dang, prices sure go crazy. Belt loaders over a Grand - Wow. Here's a photo just to rub salt in a $1000 wound. This wasn't too long ago - I'm positive they're all sold by now
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did I do that?

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.