Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Another ammo eater belt fed project

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Luckily I have a home made tripod for my .50 with a t&e so I will be spared that expense. the price for that stuff is really nuts. I have a bipod for it also and figure I can shoot it off that with a set of spade grips. I guess thats why ak's are so popular, after building all you need is some spare mags and ammo!!

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

I love my 1919. to tell you the truth I got in on the 8mm band waggon when it was new idea . I waited for ammo store to finish the first run of barrels I used a M6 flash hider and the proper feedway spacer. I know many guys had very good luck with it BUT for me it was very expensive as it ruined many parts of my gun time after time. I sold all the 8mm stuff so I would not be tempted again to try and now use 308 or 3006 only with NO trouble at all.
    one of the biggest problems I had was when the primer would actualy pop a hole in the back of it and then send gasses throught the pin hole and slam the pin into the sear shattering it or screwing up my sear apring. yes I measured the hole, yes I measured the pin, yes I spent the bucks for new bolt and pins $$$, yes I understand headspace, no NOT turkish stuff. what a pain in the ass it was , 308 I run thousands of rounds with no trouble at all. this dose not mean you will not get good results with 8mm but I never did, I honestly never got more than a few through the gun without breaking something.
    on a good word I know you will love it when you get it to fire properly
    I used to make linkers and I can help you out with some measurements , even some parts for cheap if you are intrested ever. I think I sold a "kit " to a guy here some time back fer cheap.. measurements and drawings free
    Hb

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jjglith
    Yo.....Stan.....after you build this one......you going to make another 1919 into a pistol?.......
    Hey JJ, you keep exposing my secret projects!! how come you are on the web and not out in the" gunsmoke garage" building more ak's?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Hot barrel, thanks for the heads up on the 8mm! was it romanian or yugo you were using? punctured primers are no fun as I have had a few with the 42. I figured the 8mm yugo stuff would work as it is in 1919 links. I am interested in the linker and will pm you. Thanks!!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pirate56
    Hey JJ, you keep exposing my secret projects!! how come you are on the web and not out in the" gunsmoke garage" building more ak's?
    Sooooon....tomorrow should be like Christmas...the $399.00 CF Krink and Akron Grade 1 Yugo UF are scheduled for delivery......

On a sadder note..... I am also leaving for Chicago late tomorrow....My oldest brother passed away....I'll be back late Wed. after the funeral......

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Looks good. I need to get cracking on my kit. Everything is ready, just needs to be assembled. When did Sam start doing the additional heat treat to the rear two inches? I got my plate from him a few years ago. I think the heat treat of it was consistent over the full length.
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

On a 1919 accessory note , I got in a cloth belt loader from JJ Custom a couple weeks ago . Thing is very well made . So far we've got 5-6 hundred rounds loaded , no blisters
    Will Hayden, RedJacket Firearms
    www.Redstick-Firearms.com

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Pirate56, what size of rivet set did you use and did you use a riveting gun or just hammer them?
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

FWIW, Plinker makes an awesome 1919a4 rivet jig to be used with bucking bar wedges. Does all but the large trunnion rivets. Trunnion rivets are easy enough with 12 ton HF press and BFH to do final flattening. This photo has the optional AK rear rivet plate held in place by black set screw
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RetVet
    Pirate56, what size of rivet set did you use and did you use a riveting gun or just hammer them?
    I used an air hammer for the small ones, not sure what size it was. I heated and beat the large trunnion rivets. I need to grind them flush now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.