Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RPD's are in

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default RPD's are in

Jane from CFS called and stated that the RPD's are in. I called Vector and they do not sell receivers seperately. Will there be a supplier who will offer semi-auto receivers? I also ask Jane for photo's she said they would be posted on their website in the next couple of days. I want to make sure I can locate a receiver for this kit before investing 500 clams.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Haven't heard from them yet, but have 2 on hold. Did they say everything was in good shape, ears weren't cut, etc.? Don't want to dump a bunch of money either if they're not in good shape. Remember to get a Suomi with your order. There is talk of a semi auto 80% receiver that a few people are working on. There is another company...VLTOR.See Link hereThey have pretty much got one developed, just have to wait for pricing etc. I would get a kit now if you can. These are gonna be hard to find in the not so near future.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by yosuthnmasa
    Haven't heard from them yet, but have 2 on hold. Did they say everything was in good shape, ears weren't cut, etc.? Don't want to dump a bunch of money either if they're not in good shape. Remember to get a Suomi with your order. There is talk of a semi auto 80% receiver that a few people are working on. There is another company...VLTOR.See Link hereThey have pretty much got one developed, just have to wait for pricing etc. I would get a kit now if you can. These are gonna be hard to find in the not so near future.
    That is a PKM which is totally diffrent than an RPD
    That which does not kill you, makes you stronger

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

the only other manufaturer I know that makes RPD receivers is a company called HISTORICAL ARMS, for their line of RPDs......their receiver is really hookey, and the trigger assy is their own make....so the trigger assy that came with your kit, will not fit their receiver

the VECTOR ARMS RPDs are very nice, I have one and it is a sweet shooting firearm......the kits these are built from are in excellent condition. the barrel assy on mine is new the rest of the parts are in excellent condition. if you can find a FFL that will buy it for you at his cost, and sell it to you for that....it will be a lot less expensive then you think...

you can always buy the kit.......and hope someone comes along with a receiver, but you maybe waiting for a long time for something that just may not even happen.
    "I can make this march, and make georgia howl!"

Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcore1964
    That is a PKM which is totally diffrent than an RPD

You're right! I got ahead of myself there. I ran across there website the other day and thought they were doing RPD receivers. How different is it from the RPD? Stock looks similar, maybe that's all.

Feedback Score

Troy form ORF has stated they plan to make a RPD receiver.. But he also said projected cost was around $1000 smacks.. In the long run, you'd be way ahead to buy a Vector..
    Repeal FOPA NOW!!!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by yosuthnmasa
    You're right! I got ahead of myself there. I ran across there website the other day and thought they were doing RPD receivers. How different is it from the RPD? Stock looks similar, maybe that's all.
    Apples & Oranges. Completely different bird.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike26038
    Troy form ORF has stated they plan to make a RPD receiver.. But he also said projected cost was around $1000 smacks.. In the long run, you'd be way ahead to buy a Vector..
    Agree 100% on both price point and Vector.

Like the Bren or VZ-58, this is one of those 'store it away' deals. Until receiver plans are created, you're going to be challenged.

Intermediate cartridge, no quick-change barrel, no tripod mount... I'm waiting. Honestly, the parts may be useful to engineer some kind of one-off project.
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Well guys thanks for the input. Based on what you are telling me I think I will stick to parts kits that can be built now. WT Sherman how much was your RPD from Vector?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rigore
    WT Sherman how much was your RPD from Vector?
    they are $1995 from VECTOR.......dealer price on them is much lower, which is what I paid.

1995 sounds like a lot of money, but if you add up the cost of a 1919, and all the needed accesories and must have stuff for a 1919 ie. tripod, linking machine, ammo can holder, crank fire etc... you can easily put that much money or more into a 1919
    "I can make this march, and make georgia howl!"

Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman

Feedback Score

Just received my shipping notice for my RPD kit from CFS. I checked the website again for info and pics but it states not til next week. Anyone know what will be included???? Demilled receiver???? Drums/belts, cleaning kit???????

Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.