Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: More MG42 parts incoming

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Whats the deal with those BRP stamped reciever pieces? Are they all you need to complete a parts set, minus trigger group & rails etc?? Would they replace a "cut" reciever? $950.00 is kinda steep for me if they don't?
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

hey Brad,
    Both my 42 sa are built using the BRP rec stampings and came out really well, I have another I just welded up the rec for this past week, waiting on the shroud stampings to arrive. The hard part on the rec portion is fitting the ratchet plate and machining the charge handle slot, I havent built up the shroud portion from stampings yet, just bought the $450 front end on one and used the m53 shroud on the other, tough part on the shroud appears to be is fitting the insert that indexes the bbl and crimping the bushing in the front end of the shroud.

If you can find somebody to machine a repair section for the front end of the m53 shroud it will work well, you can see a pic of the one I repaired with torched bushing in a thread somewhere in this build it yourself section

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.