Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1919 pistol project

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie
    ...But a 1919 with .05" of barrel just isn't something that blows up my skirt...
    You say that now, but I bet the muzzle blast from that thing will blow your skirt clear over your head--whether you like it or not.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I was 2 firing line spaces down from one of those shorties at the Eastern Oregon MG shoot in June.

The fireball was quite large. The blast was very obnoxious. One time after the guy stopped firing, there was a flame coming out the end of the barrel for another 5 or 8 secs- looked like a large Bic lighter flame. I don't know what was burning.....

If you like blast and fireballs, that's your puppy. It's been done before- just have to know (or find) the right people who have already invented it. No need to reinvent the wheel....

ps I have no idea how to make one in case you were gonna ask...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

oh making it is a breeze, as you see in the first pic the jacket and bushing are done, the booster is sized to cycle with a 10" .308 bbl , which runs great on a friends registered FA 1919, its just assembly from this point, All the details of functionality are worked out I was just wondering about the pistol build from a legal standpoint

Feedback Score

I know I'm liitle late but I beleive that as long as you mark it as a pistol it's no differant that a Ak pistol, I beleive one of the guys at the 1919a4 forum has a pistol.
    Normal is Boring!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

1919s are a "special case" as it fits the federal regs definition of a "firearm", but not the definition of rifle, handgun, or shotgun. It is designed to be fired from a tripod, not from the shoulder or held with one hand. As long as you don't clamp an A6 stock on it with a 10" bbl installed you should be OK.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I posed the same question on 1919a4 last year and never got a definite answer, the general feeling on that group was it would be an SBR but since the 1919 is not a rifle but just a firearm I dont believe this is true. I will draft a letter this weekend and send to ATF tech branch on monday and hopefully in a few months we will have an answer

Feedback Score

When you get the letter please post it for all to see
    Normal is Boring!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

surely will, what is the device pictured in your avatar?

Feedback Score

Its a DS gun from the movie Logans Run, DS is short for deep sleep and in the movie with Michael York the flame effect a Blue/green star burst was the real deal as the gun was a oversized lighter but to a 8 year old a very cool effect. This pic sucks as the flame was intense enough to light a room.
    Normal is Boring!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

letter was mailed this morning for clarification on this issue

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.