Gunco Forums banner

1919 build

2K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Sevo 
#1 ·
so I am planning to get a 1919 kit....i have seen 80% side plates for sale....i guess then i need to get the semi trigger and sear kit, and then i need to machine the bolt and stuff....how hard is the bolt to machine?
Overall how hard is this gun to build?

#2 ·
I am building one now. the receiver is fairly easy, some drilling and riveting. the internals are pretty simple, but the metal is hard so it is a slow process. there are drawings of the internal mods on the 1919 board. ORF makes a decent 80% side plate and has the rivet kits and trigger and sear you need.

#4 ·
I did one last week in a little over a day with an 80% plate and semi trigger and sear from MGS. A couple of hours to do the machine work to the internals. Buy a couple of carbide endmills, I did all the machine work on mine with one 3/8 carbide , $10 atrax from enco, but a spare is nice incase you break one , also need a 1/16" tslot cutter, about $8 at enco, I would buy 2 of those also as the high speed stell cutter will dull fairly rapidly, I roughed the slot with one and then did cleanup with the second. slooow spindle speeds, light cuts, slow feed and lots of coolant. After that its all just assembly.
that deal above from akrat sounds pretty good

#9 ·
Hey I thought id let you know theres a guy on 1919a4.com
30calmachinegunner he is offering a special
$620
you get kit
al machining done
KPMtrigger and sear installed
engraved sideplate %80
rivits.
I bought one of his warlier deals less side plate and work is well done
cheaper i think than to do yourself with all the tooling you have to buy for milling.
check it out if ya like

#15 ·
The plunger and plunger spring were in the lock plate when I sent it to him.
When I got it back, the plunger spring was in the box, but no plunger.

When I asked him about it, he said he would send me one.
He then sent me a trigger pin. I contacted him again, reiterated that it was the plunger pin, not the trigger pin that was missing.
I offered to return the trigger pin to him, and asked him to send me a plunger.

He then cops an attitude, and says I'm full of it and I never sent him my plunger in the first place.

This was not a case of I think I sent it or maybe, I am 100% positive it was in there, as I inventoried it carefully before I shipped it, also evidenced by the fact that he returned the spring.
The plunger holds the spring in.

I had to chase around and find a new plunger, which I finally found.

Attachments

#19 ·
I'm sorry you had a mix up but it seems everyone else had good dealings with him, i think your deal may have just been the needle in the haystack....any chance I could get his email from you, sorry to go against your word, but money talks and his is the best deal i can find.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.