Thread: $20.00 1919 belt loader

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Default $20.00 1919 belt loader

I really like my 1919 and shoot it a lot, however I can't see spending $200.00 for a linker. they are big, heavy and expensive. After loadin several belts by hand and getting major blisters I decided I needed something better. I was at an MSD supply house the other day and saw a toggle clamp that looked like it would be usefull. It cost under $20.00 and I bought one. I had some ferr time at work today and whipped this up in about 30 minutes. I just got done linking 200 rounds in about 15 minutes. It works great, and I can see how I can make it a lot better with a little more work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Now thats cool . Think you could load cloth belts with it ?
    Will Hayden, RedJacket Firearms
    www.Redstick-Firearms.com

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

I was very disapointed at the price of linkers too , I ended up makeing presses. they are not realy complicated. I saw another guy made one from hardwood that even looked very nice. I honestly love your idea!!! yes one at a time BUT it works good for not a lot of bucks , I realy like that!!! if you can cut drill and tap I can give you some instructions to make a larger press prety easy. I am willing to even send you a base plate for basicaly postage. all you would need to do is make some arms and drill some holes.. just offering...
    I know you will enjoy that 1919..

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Thanks hotbarrel, This was something that was cheap and took less than half an hour to make and works pretty good. I am a machinist, if you have some plans for something better I am open to suggestion.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

here is a fairly detailed plan to make your own link press that will do 10 or more at a time with allmost NO effort! if you have no welder you can drill and tap everything just use flat heads on parts that I note as welded in place.
    I would guess total cost to be about 25 bucks and some time if you have to buy everything and do not have anything hanging around allready.
    if you have any questions not covered in the plan please feel free to ask I will help you in any way I can so you sucksessfully make your OWN linker !!
    I drew this plan up tonight on excel from the one I made for myself years ago.
    NO I did not want to pay big bucks for a linker either.
    Last edited by hotbarrel; 12-24-2006 at 02:22 PM.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

if you guys like the plans feel free to put it in full view or to transfer it to a 1919 section of the page. do we have a 1919 library?? HB

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.