Gunco Forums banner

Universal bench pod

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  pirate56 
#1 ·
As my beltfed collection gets bigger I thought it would be nice to have a universal bench top tripod for all the guns. Shooting the mg34 & 42 off the bipod on a bench is cumbersome and you really need a tripod for the 1919 and FN30 that I will be building. I have a home made tripod for my .50 that I use for the 1919 and an AA tripod for the 34 & 42 and plan on getting a M2 tripod but hauling it all around is cumbersome as my car has a small trunk.
I made a wood mockup of the base unit and made the pintle today. I have an adapter for the 34 & 42 from the AA tripod that fits the 1919 pintle. The next step is to make a T & E mechanism that will work with all the guns. I have some steel tubimg coming next week and hope to have the first prototype soon.
I am also looking into making an adapter for my AK pistols to function like one of the AW-Sim devices.

I got the metal in today and welded up the base. It looks pretty good so far. I have some stuff on order from MSC for the T & E mechanism, I am not sure of all the details on that part yet. It should work pretty good with the spade grips on the 1919

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Stan that's a great looking gadget!! I could put a mount in the fortress -- About 30' up a wall -- commanding a view of the valley.

My daughters were up this past weekend and stated that in the event of a zombie attack they were coming here. I said I'd go to great lengths for the pleasure of their company but didn't think I could arrange that.

#9 ·
The first model has a problem in that it wants to tip forward, so I whipped up V2.0 this is a more traditional design and uses the T&E from the 1919. It will also fit the 34 and 42 better and will acomidate an ak wirh 30 round mag for the bump fire sled attachment.
I love making stuff out of this tubing, it welds up real nice!

Attachments

#12 ·
Finished up the pod today, blasted it and gave it a coat of rustoleum textured black. I parkerized the pintle and T&E bar for better wear resistance, and finished it off with some 1/8" rubber on the feet. My TNW spade grips should be here next week and I will be able to drag it all to the range for testing.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.