Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Universal bench pod

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Default Universal bench pod

As my beltfed collection gets bigger I thought it would be nice to have a universal bench top tripod for all the guns. Shooting the mg34 & 42 off the bipod on a bench is cumbersome and you really need a tripod for the 1919 and FN30 that I will be building. I have a home made tripod for my .50 that I use for the 1919 and an AA tripod for the 34 & 42 and plan on getting a M2 tripod but hauling it all around is cumbersome as my car has a small trunk.
    I made a wood mockup of the base unit and made the pintle today. I have an adapter for the 34 & 42 from the AA tripod that fits the 1919 pintle. The next step is to make a T & E mechanism that will work with all the guns. I have some steel tubimg coming next week and hope to have the first prototype soon.
    I am also looking into making an adapter for my AK pistols to function like one of the AW-Sim devices.

I got the metal in today and welded up the base. It looks pretty good so far. I have some stuff on order from MSC for the T & E mechanism, I am not sure of all the details on that part yet. It should work pretty good with the spade grips on the 1919
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Making the T&E is the next step, I have several ideas and am not totaly sure which one I will use yet.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Neat idea.I'm already seeing the rear leg runing on a semicircular track.Hmmm.
    It's only metal, it's not magic.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Stan that's a great looking gadget!! I could put a mount in the fortress -- About 30' up a wall -- commanding a view of the valley.

My daughters were up this past weekend and stated that in the event of a zombie attack they were coming here. I said I'd go to great lengths for the pleasure of their company but didn't think I could arrange that.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

That's a good idea. Keep sharing the info, I think I'll try to make one of these for the 1919.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Looking good. So this will work with all your beltfeds?
    "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke

Feedback Score

One of the guys at 1919a4 awhile back built a bench top tri-pod and heres a pic
    Normal is Boring!

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

It looks good but there is no T & E, the gun needs to be ridgid to fire it with the pistol grip.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

The first model has a problem in that it wants to tip forward, so I whipped up V2.0 this is a more traditional design and uses the T&E from the 1919. It will also fit the 34 and 42 better and will acomidate an ak wirh 30 round mag for the bump fire sled attachment.
    I love making stuff out of this tubing, it welds up real nice!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Cool.......
    the%20man.gif
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.”
    Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.