Thread: 3 nwe build projects

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Default 3 nwe build projects

I got started today on 3 new builds. the first is an L1A1 FAL, I got the kit for $150.00 at knob creek, some of the parts are kind of beat but the bbl and other importand stuff is in good shape. I got it all apart and blasted and parked all the good parts. My ffl dealer has some DSA inch receivers coming, So I have all the upper parts ready to install and headspace.

The second build is another 1919, I got a B grade kit from OOW for $275.00 at knob creek. the internals loow excellent but the exterior shows wear. I got all the non receiver stuff blasted and parked. I am getting a sideplate and rivet set from Halo mfg, the plate is serial numbered and engraved with rock Island arsenal info. My internals will be here monday too so I am ready to go with this one.

Last but not least is an FN 30. this build is going to be a restoration job. the parts are well used and will need a lot of tlc before assembly. I am using a sideplate and internals from Halo mfg. I saw the plates at knob creek and they look really great. There is not much information on these guns so it will be a learning process. I got most of the small parts blasted and parked. and need to clean and repair the bbl shroud and the rest of the receiver parts.

I will post the build progress on my site as they move along.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

i'll be watching for the FAL project. thanks.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.