Thread: Are the Yugo Centerfire kits worth buying ?

Feedback Score

Default Are the Yugo Centerfire kits worth buying ?

Here's a link to the kit in question . http://www.centerfiresystems.com/ind...OD&ProdID=1010

Is it possible to do a home build using basic tools or is this something requiring a lathe ?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

First, This M53 or MG42 kit did not come with receiver parts, as home build with kit, No way, you need a US build semi-receiver

卡拉希尼可夫突擊步槍

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

check under mg42.
    There is is a thread on that kit.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

with center fire its like do you feel lucky cause I have seen bad deals and good ones here. I would find another place to get parts kits ect..

Feedback Score

Thanks for all the replies . Up until I ran across this board , I thought that Ohio Ordnance pretty much cornered the belt fed market semi auto's . Now that I'm here , I'm trying to get up to speed on the subject to see if I can build one too .

Agian , thanks guys.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)

I ordered one kit, was not to bad. They are ALOT of work. You need to find a cut receiver (hard to find) and a cam section (even harder to find) and weld them together. I hear the cost of a build is $1200 to 1500.

I have done alot of research and I am missing the front barrel section (which I am trying to buy on a weaponeer.net).

I stilll have many hours of work. The best info is at http://www.panzer46.net/mg42board/

Good luck if you try.

Feedback Score

ive heard rumors of a couple companies talking about making a US receiver and complete guns, ill try to find the thread

Feedback Score

Coldsteel, and Wiselite Arms.
    You'll need the replacement barrel bushing that Wiselite sells for $125.00
    Personally, I'm going with Wiselite-they say they'll be ready in Feb., pending batf approval.
    Coldsteel says Jan., but I've heard nothing more on this, other than what is on their site.
    The Wiselite sections will be a true .100 thickness. They will also include the camming section, and as such, will be 3" longer than the brp type. They are designed to mate up with the cut jacket.
    No news of price yet.
    Most of the yugo sets have the front bushings cut through, so, like stated above, one of those is needed-they are truely finely machined. A must.
    Other than that, that's all I can give you as far as info.
    But, look for some developments in late Jan. and during Feb. Or, so they say, anyway.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.