Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bought my first 1919 kit at Show

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Finished removing the RSP piece this morning. Think I'll use it as a drill guide when I get my RSP from Halo. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
    Last edited by resting; 01-16-2007 at 05:14 PM.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Halo plates come spot drilled already.
    You can use your remnant to double check the locations, but mine matched up nicely.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks. I tend to need a rain coat and an umbrella when it comes to drilling holes dead on and I want to get these right.

Feedback Score

Mr pirate has indeed a verry intresting website after reading the numerous plugs about Halo I also order a sideplate and indeed the quality is outstanding !

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

Welcome to the "Brotherhood Of The Belt".Working on my second build(USGI in 8mm)gunut

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by resting
    Finsished removing the RSP piece this morning. Think I'll use it as a drill guide when I get my RSP from Halo. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
    Here's a link to Pirates site for the HALO RSP drill guide....

http://projectguns.com/1919build3.html

Like 7.62x39 said, the holes should match up nicely with the pre-drilled spots on the HALO plate.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.”
    Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I just ordered a kit from OOW and the sideplate from halo you guys recommended.
    and starting on the accesorys.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've read and re-read Pirate's site. Lots of good stuff. Once I have all the pieces in hand I will follow it carefully as I work through this thing. The tripod ideas are also interesting and will probably buy a kit from him to have something to use to test it off a bench. Really appreciate all the time has put into the site for all of us.

Feedback Score

Try going to www.1919a4.com Lobo's Tutorials are second to none I have Built 3 already and am helping a buddy with his build right now now there are several people there like 30calmachinegunner that do the semi bolt mods for Cheap! & check out Badger Bob for a Repo Tripod His prices are the lowest you will find anywhere for a teriffic product. hope this helps out - Rocco

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks for all the tips and words of encouragement. I'm using Lobo's build check list to work from. I used 30calmachinegunner to do the internal mods. Quick and good is his rep. I had heard of Badger Bob's tripods but haven't decided to go for a repro tripod or pay a little more and get the original with the T&E and the pintle. When you add it all up the difference isn't too much from some sites. Also giving some thought to an MG3 tripod and adapting it then if I ever decide to build an MG42 Semi I would already have it and one for two wouldn't take so much room. Too cold in the garage to work right now. Hoping for a warming trend so I can get back at it.

Quote Originally Posted by rocco1911
    Try going to www.1919a4.com Lobo's Tutorials are second to none I have Built 3 already and am helping a buddy with his build right now now there are several people there like 30calmachinegunner that do the semi bolt mods for Cheap! & check out Badger Bob for a Repo Tripod His prices are the lowest you will find anywhere for a teriffic product. hope this helps out - Rocco

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.