Gunco Forums banner

Pirate project 467

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  dutigaf 
#1 ·
I saw the ad for these at cfs and couldn't resist!! when they first came out they were $799.00 for just the gun. they had them on sale for $599.00 with a side mount 50 round can and 50 round belt , 4 250 round cans and belts and a belt loader.
The stuff arrived today and it all looks new. the only bad part is the parts are not matched. It apears the receiver sections are not fronm the same gun either. However it is a unique weapon. It has a reqally simple belt feed system and the gun is cocked using the pistol grip.
This is going to be a challenging build, but a fun one as it will require a lot of welding.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
pirate i got that add and was thinking that this would be a nice one with all those goody's... ut didnt know that it was totally unmatched kits.

any overlap?

#10 ·
Illya Kuryakin said:
I see you've been back out on the Interstate again with your sign :thumbup1:

Beautiful kit !!! 7.62x54R still cheap ammo.

Any badly placed torch cuts ??

BTW - I did get a kick out of the CFS ad........................'Free Loader' or was that 'freeloader' :rofl:

Yeah, Illya, it iss an excellent source of income, however rolling up all the coins is time consuming!:rofl:

The receivers are whacked pretty good, however the section with the bolt lockup and bbl lock is intact. I will post more photos.

#11 ·
pirate56 said:
buy the time you get halfway through it you will need a shoulder replacement. you need a romack or better yet a beltfed!!
:brows:
Pirate,

my 1919 is 308 and my 50bmg is....... well you know. bbut i would love to have a romack or a dragon. or even the semi conversion finished for my dp 28!!

#16 ·
Illya Kuryakin said:
Who me ???? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

All money well spent I might add. Who wants to waste it on food, electricity, mortgages and other so called necessities of life
:lol:
NOT ME!! I was going to order one of these kits yesterday, but my wife INSISTED on THROWING AWAY $350.00 on stupid PROPANE!!:angry:
I tried to explain the price would go down this summer, but she said I'm COLD NOW!
I bet if I ordered Two or three kits, she would heat right up!!:rofl:

#18 ·
Bradrock said:
NOT ME!! I was going to order one of these kits yesterday, but my wife INSISTED on THROWING AWAY $350.00 on stupid PROPANE!!:angry:
I tried to explain the price would go down this summer, but she said I'm COLD NOW!
I bet if I ordered Two or three kits, she would heat right up!!:rofl:
nothing will warm you up like a bad case of the redass!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.