Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: excellent deal on 1919 sideplates

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Are these 100% plates or 80%?
    If these are 80% what's the diferance between your plates & Coldsteel's 80%plates for $75.00?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AKarl_12
    Are these 100% plates or 80%?
    If these are 80% what's the diferance between your plates & Coldsteel's 80%plates for $75.00?
    There is a world of difference. Halo plates are made from the proper steel machined to precise tolrerances to origonal spec's. the fit, finish and engraving are the best there is. you can get a registered plate also from halo for about $50.00 extra.

they are worth the money specially for a first time builder as they fit properly.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pirate56
    try 30calmachinegunner on the 1919 board, he is fast , reasonable and good from what everyone says.
    I have mixed emotions on this recommendation.
    I had Brian machine my internals. He did a nice job, turn around was quick and the price was right.
    Now for the down side. He lost one of my parts. I am willing to accept partial blame, I should have completely stripped the lock frame before I sent it to him. That was a newbie mistake on my part. I was not sure exactly which parts needed to be machined. The part he lost was the plunger. It can be seen in the pics below.
    What really frosted my onions was his attitude about the whole thing. He got a little nasty when i suggested that he take another look around for the missing part.
    I KNOW for a fact that the plunger and plunger spring were still installed in the lock frame. He even admits that the spring was there, but says the plunger was not.
    The plunger was only a $3 part, but of course I got hosed on the shipping/handling ($8 IIRC)
    He has since edited his ad to state exactly which parts should be shipped, so this shouldn't happen to anyone else.
    I was just extremely put off by his attitude as soon as we had a problem.
    As a machinist, He's good, as a businessman, he could stand some improvement.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

In that case contact Sherman he is a friend of mine and did my last set and 2 for friends of mine. his contact information is in the vickers section on my site. tell him I sent you as he doesn't normally do this all the time

Feedback Score

I bought one but havent recieved it yet. I'm noy sure If I'll use it or not. I might end up selling it.

Feedback Score

I just got my RSP in from Halo. FIRST RATE STUFF! Can not recomend these plates enough. I also had 30CAL do my internals. I am really happy with him too.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Halo is the best for plates, got a 1919, fn30 from him and have a vickers and M2 coming. they fit perfectly, look great and he does excellent engraving.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Here is another very good person to do internals machining:
    I had done to my internals by Jack at Tusculum Repair in TN. His work was top notch and the turn-around was super; 7 days from me to back at my mailbox again. (Priority mail) He can reached at: jackvick79@hotmail.com

Pics of the work he did on mine are at this site:
    http://www.1919a4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3134

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.