Thread: Vickers side plate Rev2

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Default Vickers side plate Rev2

Excellent news, the plate fits like a glove!! I spoke to Michael and he is ready to start production. He will be running 30 plates, most of them are spoken for so if you want to be in on the first run you may want to contact him as he will not do another run till at least 30 more people want one.

I poste photos here:
    http://www.projectguns.com/vickers3.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I put my name in the hat for a sideplate from Halo within a day of your original post and havent heard a single word, I have emailed him a couple of times in the past few months and havent had the courtesy of a response . I see other folks on the 1919 site working on their builds , what gives?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by panaceabeachbum
    I put my name in the hat for a sideplate from Halo within a day of your original post and havent heard a single word, I have emailed him a couple of times in the past few months and havent had the courtesy of a response . I see other folks on the 1919 site working on their builds , what gives?
    Michael posted this on the 1919 board a couple of weeks ago. the plates had a high reject rate and he only got about 20 out of the first run. the last time I spoke to him he was going to get more material cut differently to see if it would prevent the warping he was getting.

Michael from Halo posted this on the 1919 board, it looks like if there is enough interest he will make more plates

First run is completed and delivered with exception of two registered plates shipping this week.

I am redoing some of the plates I was least satisfied with and this held up delivery on a few. Those affected have been contacted.

From the rerun I may have a few over run plates. I haven't decided what to do with them.

There were about six people on a wait list from the first run who did not get plates because they did not return the forms in a timely fashion for many reasons. I fear if I offer the extra plates for sale these people will expect the original price to be honored.

My thoughts are these and any future run of Vickers will be sold for $325 plus shipping. Registration will still be $50 more.

This project was grossly under estimated by myself. It took me two solid weekends Friday thru Sunday to produce 20 plates. Most of the time was spent reprogramming the machine to try different feeds and speeds. Nothing seemed to help.

This time I am having the plates cut from the source across the grain. I am hoping this will take the spring out of them. In the first group the grain ran front to back. This new set will run top to bottom. We'll see. If this doesn't fix the problem ... I welcome any one to take this project off my hands. I will gladly step aside.

How many people are going to want plates? Chime in here. I can make more plates if the new cross cut material works. If there is no interest here, I won't be making more than what ever comes as overrun from the redo...

Michael

I almost forgot to mention the CAMS will be done in about a week for those needing right hand cams. I'll make an announcement with photos when they are done.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

thanks , I searched but couldnt find any info there,its a big forum I dont visit very often. I havent ever received any form or return contact from him other than the original confirmation a couple of months ago so I was surprised to see people had received plates, I get the confirmation my emails have been read but no other contact. Will leave another message monday as I must be one of those original 6 that didnt return the "form" in a timely fashion

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I think part of the reason for not a lot of posting from those that received a RSP from this run is that some missed out on this round and no one wanted to rub it in. I know that some got miffed about the whole deal.
    Last edited by Illya Kuryakin; 07-02-2007 at 02:17 PM.

Did I do that?

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Where can I find one of those $495.00 Vickers kits? I don't want the $895.00 one I see listed now at IMA. You have any extra cheap ones from last year MR. Pirate??
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Illya Kuryakin
    I think part of the reason for not a lot of posting from those that received a RSP from this run is that some missed out on this round and no one wanted to rub it in. I know that some got miffed about the whole deal.
    makes sense, I am miffed, I have sent multiple emials from the begining and somehow missed out on one from either batch. Oh well, good thing I have a mill and free time, have to dig out that vickers print and fifure out exactly where the rails are located to block fa parts

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock
    Where can I find one of those $495.00 Vickers kits? I don't want the $895.00 one I see listed now at IMA. You have any extra cheap ones from last year MR. Pirate??
    I wish I did!! I waited to long to get mine and paid $695.00 for it

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.