Thread: 19194a 8mm conversion wanted

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default 19194a 8mm conversion wanted

I just got my kit and side plate, but I would like to build this as an 8mm. I have plenty of ammo for now and 308 is just too expensive anymore. Does anyone know where I can get a barrel and all the other parts that I will nedd to make this happen? Any leads are much appreciated. Thanks, Josh
    When they come for your guns, give them the ammo first!

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

ammo store is a good place to get the parts. barrel, feedway spacer,proper barrel booster.
    to be very honest with you I threw all of thies parts away after I had so much trouble with them. I know some guys had good luck but not everyone. it cost me a crap load of bucks in dammage and waisted conversion parts not to mention all the now stagnant ammo I am stuck with.
    yes I did work with the experts at 1919-a4 .com and no I did not give up rite away. but eventualy I just had to stop throwing money at this.
    I am not the only one that had to give up.
    please do not take my words as all gloom and doom just advise to go into it slow and do not expect mericals. I would not buy a huge bulk of ammo till you see it run reliably. that is all good luck! HB
    I am off the page for extended times due to job requirements, not gone forever

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

the best way to do the conversion is to get a 30 06 booster, you can get a one peice style for about $20.00, then get a spare .308 cartridge guide and trim it with a dremel to feed 8mm. finding an 8mm bbl is the only problem at the moment. but more should come available.

I did my gun and a friends this way and they run like a champ.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Ammunitionstore only has the cart stop right now.
    But like Pirate said you can mod a 308 cart stop and use a 30.06 booster/flash hider.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

I used the A-6 flash hider with mine, that part worked great . looks way cool too LOL
    I am off the page for extended times due to job requirements, not gone forever

Feedback Score

I bought over $4K worth of 8mm @ 5 cents per round, before I had mine converted. I was DETERMINED to accomplish it, and believed (correctly so) that ammo would never come around that cheap again. I've burned through about 5K rds of it (took about 1K to get it going) now it runs like a sewing machine
    http://media.putfile.com/My-Ramo-1919-Browning

Bought my SHAW Barrel @ http://jtdistributing.com/contact.html

Phone in your order, because the barrels are NOT listed in their catalogue. They will most likely have them in stock for $150 + shipping

Bore out your booster to I believe 11/16". Do a search over at 1919a4.com to be sure of that measurement. I modified (using a dremel) my .308 front cartridge stop to work, and don't even run a rear cartridge stop.

If you bought '50s Yugo, you may need to modify your firing pin because those primers are slightly recessed. There are several threads on how to do that over there - basically you LIGHTLY file it so it can strike deeper (only the curves/taper, on the front) and put a spacer behind the spring so it smacks harder.

Good luck - don't give up - and email me direct if you have ANY problems - glad to pass on what I learned

Steve in EL Paso

BTW remember the $4K worth of Yugo?? Been selling the stripper clips, selling the scrap brass (berdan) for $1.20 lb. and shoot my 1919 for .002 per round (that's right - five shots for a penny) Sorry, it's not for sale.

Feedback Score

I read a thread on 1919a4.com about 8mm problem with explosion.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

dont have any exp with the problems others have had but the 1919 has been built and used for a number of years in 8mm (over 40) so its not a new cartridge for the 1919 platform. All my problems were solved when I purchased real Yugo 8mm links.
    due to diff in diameter of the case when you shove an 8mm in a 308 link it slightly changes the pitch of the belts and causes problems

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

with the high price and low availability of 8mm you may want to consider 3006 or 7.62 x 54r also.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Is it ok to shoot reloads in these guns? I have enough reloading supplies to keep me at the range for a very long time, especially if I can convert to 30-06.
    When they come for your guns, give them the ammo first!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.