Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Vltor semi PKM receiver assembly completed

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I sure could use a sling also. The kit I got had everything cept the sling - didn't notice when the kit arrived. I'll post if I run across anything

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default Maxim belts/cans

This just showed up on Sturmgewehr. Tom Sawyer mfg has 5 excellent Maxim belts/cans for $25 each. Belts still in protective paper. I don't need them.

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/parts.cgi?read=196004

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

must have sold already, i know when i was talking about dshk cans with Dave from sarco a while back he mentioned either having or knowing someone that had a couple of pallets of the newer aluminum cans for the PKM

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

there were tons of them available at knob creek in october. I am sure some one is sitting on a pile of them.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Dang, that was fast. Figured they were not going to last long. Someone probably snagged all 5 of them.

Called Ammunition store beginning of last week. They told me to call back in a couple of weeks. Sounded like a standard response.

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie
    Darned if I can find a sling - I am out of ideas for a PKM sling. Willing to pay!
    Pookie, you are welcome to borry mine and have a leather copy made. As a matter of fact there is a little leather shop here in town that made me a copy of my Grandfather's 6-shooter belt and holster. If you want I willl see if they will copy my sling and for how much. Just let me know.
    That which does not kill you, makes you stronger

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I have a couple of sets like Illya's and the slings are a green canvas, Both my parts sets had the rifle sling along with a second sling clipped on one of the bbl bags or covers that where included with the set.
    Pirates correct these belts and cans are not rare by any means, although I wouldnt hesitate to snag any of the new aluminum cans and belts imported by century and sold thru MGS with these recent parts sets

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I am in agreement that someone is going to have a "look what we found in the corner of our warehouse" sale in a few months on cans, belts, and spare barrels! When even Tantal can't find them, you know it is bad.

Looking around, I have seen an RPD sling and it is not a match, different hooks on the ends. There is an RPG sling (!!!) at Northridge, but I don't know if it is the same thing. There are some RPK sets with the "heavy slings"... I wonder if certain RPK sets have the "heavy" slings as standard issue. None of my RPK kits came with slings of any sort.

Steelcore, thanks for the offer! I will definitely keep that in mind. Let me see what else I can dig up first.
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score

What finish did you put on your lower to have it match so well?? That is the best looking one that I have seen. I am starting my semi build and was wondering how to match its new like finish.
    Last edited by helidriver; 01-11-2008 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Spelling

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Illya Kuryakin View Post
    I'll try to get some photos of my tool after work today. They are pretty crude.........er uh, the rivet tools that is. I made them to work one time and that was about all they were good for. Hot rolled will probably work better but cold rolled is all I had lying around the house. All of the rivets were straight forward expect for the front trunnion fwd lower two and aft two. The others can pretty much be had with simple mods to Plinkers jig. I made two press bars to handle the 4 rivets that were the more difficult to reach.
    Any updates? Pix?
    That which does not kill you, makes you stronger

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.