Gunco Forums banner

Question for you RPD owners

655 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  hcpookie 
#1 ·
I'm kicking around the idea of an RPD build later this summer and I have a few questions:

Can the RPD buttstock come off completely? Or is it like a FAL where part of the spring depends on the buttstock to be in place?

Is that little round band behind the receiver a retaining band, or an integral part of the recevier assembly?

#5 ·
I was thinking along the lines that, like a FAL para configuration, you could either relocate the recoil spring or modify the carrier to accomodate some kind of recoil spring. Even if it isn't the original size, but if it has approximately the same force it should be OK...

I have yet to buy myself a kit. After the MG-42 and VZ-58 reweld projects, I'm not so intimdated by welding up the scrap receiver chunks any more! :)

Personally I'd also have to replace that handguard. I don't plan to assault the enemy trenches so I'm not too keen on the "running assault foregrip" design. ;) I think after looking at the pics that I'd lean toward a more conventional grip that is something along the lines as the Tapco AK Galil-style foregrip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.