Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Halo 80% 1919 RHP in ATF spotlight

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Default Halo 80% 1919 RHP in ATF spotlight

This is cut and pasted from a poster on the 1919 board who was paid a visit:
    It would only take "hand tools" to assemble into a weapon, and also didn't have a serial number from the manufacturer. That's what ATF Agent Tommy Ho told me. The fact that I had stamped my own serial number and my name and city onto the plate did not matter to them. If I had bought a "registered" plate, (serial numbered by Halo) there would have been no problem, and they wouldn't have been visiting. Said that it was a semi auto plate, no problem there. Said that if it has been machined to the point that it can be assembled using only hand tools, as opposed to machining it, makes it a receiver. I asked him lots of questions, which he seemed to answer, but he didn't volunteer any information without my asking. I was polite, and so was he and his bodyguard. Fortunately, the plate was not assembled yet, so I'm only out the plate. I was using it to hold down 3 cases of 8mm so they don't roll around in the next earthquake. They do have Halo's records, and I'm in their home town, so that's why they visited me first.

Thats the facts, now the commentary.

My impression was that they want everyone buying through an FFL so they have a record of who has weapons. Home builders skirt this, and I'm sure that ATF feels unfulfilled by not kowing what everyone has. I can't recall the last time that anyone went berserk with a 1919a4 semi (or any registered machine gun either) so they wouldn't seem a high priority item to me. I told Agent Ho that just the week before, my son was at a gas station filling up, and in the garage bay was a car with the trunk open, selling handguns (no 10 day waiting period, the only background check being "How much cash you got, man".) He didn't seem interested at all. Didn't ask what town, what gas station, nothing at all. So now you know.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

yeah i read this over there... totally f'n blows....
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Is it me or do I see a pattern of behavior with the Bat bat man. They only get froggy on their actions if the are Demoncrats in control of something like the congress or the presidency. They seem to get real froggy when the the house or congress is controled by denoncrats. (Prepare for a blatant plug for Ron Paul)
    With Rep Ron Paul as prez we could expect the alphabets all getting an ass spanking with Rep Paul saying "Who's your Daddy" all the while he's spanking their asses. There is alot of bad things in the wind now. I know that with the latest bout of Terror in Scottland they have tighten up at Skyharbor International Airport. (our airport in Phoenix AZ) Random police inspections of all vehicals going into the airport. Things are looking like Nazi Germany more and more all the time. Especially with Bushys PDD 51 giving him dictitorial powers in the event of a "National Emergency" either real or percieved. Now that is be afraid be very afraid stuff when a president makes himself a dictator useing unconstitutional power; there is no checks or balances to a president drafting and signing a document into law w/o the vote of the congress or senate. There is some ill winds blowing my friends.........

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

I think that part of the problem is He spots the holes and a spotted or center punched hole is considered a hole by the bATF, that makes the plates to complete.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pirate56
    I think that part of the problem is He spots the holes and a spotted or center punched hole is considered a hole by the bATF, that makes the plates to complete.
    That makes sense since all the other 80% 1919 RSP sold over the last years did not have the holes spotted. May be why BATF acted this time and has not over the last several years on 80% RSP.

Did I do that?

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pirate56

Geeze; Does that mean I can go dig my plate back up from the hole I just buried it in? I bought it maybe 5 years ago from I think a guy named Robert?
    It was when FAC was selling the 1919 kits with 2 barrels. & Sarco was " Almost out" I think they are stil running the same add!
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I agree with Lt762x39

Ron Paul for President

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

The center punch is a load of crap. completed with hand tools? I thought a tape, a micrometer and handrill were all hand tools..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Sounds like a bunch of crap to me. Before electricity, all tools were hand tools. What possible difference could it make?

The plate was legal, and it wasn't , all at the same time?

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Illya, I've been out of the loop for a while and was going to try a 1919A4. After seeing this, I wonder if I should give up on the 80% and go with the 100% finished RSP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Illya Kuryakin
    That makes sense since all the other 80% 1919 RSP sold over the last years did not have the holes spotted. May be why BATF acted this time and has not over the last several years on 80% RSP.

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin
    New Member of the Busted Box Club

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.