I finally got around to getting started on my vickers today. I drilled some holes and assembled the receiver. I discovered that the changes in the denial island on the bottom is causing my action arm to bind. I will need to mill the clearance slot on it a little higher.
All the parts fit perfectly. the radius on the loewr rear needed a littl filing as do the radiuses in the slot on the side.
The next step will be locating the cam and drilling and riveting it in, then drilloing the holes for the lever plate and front end and final fitting, then I can locate the denial plate and mill the slots.
I am taking my time on this as I want it to come out perfect.
I am not sure what I will do with the finish. the finish on some of the parts looks good and I may just parkerize the side plates and bottom plate to see how it looks keeping the oroginal finish on the rest of the parts.