Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1919A? Madness. Anyone built one ?

Feedback Score

Weaponeer.net has THE best 1919a4 kits you can find. Ask me how I know. LOL.

It is in some ways easier than an AK build. There is no pressing barrels, bending flats, concerns about matching #s kits for headspacing, or a need for expensive jigs. The rivets are easier to do (in my opinion...... probably not for most of you guys) but you will need to have some welding done. Hotbarrel is right about 1919a4.com. Those guys know their sh_t when it comes to 1919s and they are extremely helpful.

As far as the Izzy kits are concerned yes all of the affordable kits are Izzy. That doesn not mean that they weren't WWII USGI at some point. Some of them were and then converted to 7.62 NATO. Converting back to 30-06 is not difficult at all. I'm not sure why anyone would want to shoot more expensive ammo but you can if you would like to. You can even go as far as converting your 1919 to shoot dirt cheap 8mm if that's your thing.

Hope that helps. Don't hesitate to build one of these. They are not difficult and are a blast to build and shoot.

Feedback Score

I built two of them in 2001. Designed and built my own side plate, trigger and sear and did all the machine work. They are a different design philosophy and the work is more mechanically intense. The AK's I built 10 years ago were more difficult with respect to the receiver fabrication because of the flimsiness of the material and riveting. If you are interested, go to www.1919a4.com and you will get all the help you could possibly desire, plus there are a lot of folks there that make and sell at reasonable prices, everything you might need.

Feedback Score

[QUOTE=rusty]era tech,llc
    14799 n. cedar, POB 475
    Dolan springs, AZ
    (928) 767-4945
    e-mail eratech@citilink.net
    great book on building & converting to semi auto. lots of photos, $24.95 ppd
    & book price deductable from future build. $150 for 1919 80% semi auto plate.
    he's listed as Pegasus on the 1919a4 board. great book! & he even does the
    semi auto work on your parts if you like.
    good luck rusty[/QUOTE
    Better go to http://1919a4.com/ , go to discussion then use search function for Pegasus. Bad Ju-Ju.
    BD

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrel
    I do not know it I would say it was easyer than an AK but it is very differant . differant kind of work. try 1919a4.com they will have ALL the info you need. they even have a toutural on the front page about 1/2 way down on the right hand side step by step from unpacking to test fireing. keep in mind you can buy one for a similar price as building. thies will be very expensive someday and the ability to easily sell it could be in your favor. a registered reciever has some benifets. I have seen them for under $1000 all ready. by the time you buy a kit, machine work, tools , bla bla bla. you will be close to that , and still have a home made gun that could be hard to sell. if you can do the machine work yourself yes it will be cheaper but still not registered.
    just my 2 cent.
    It will be cheaper and will be resellable in the future....if it ever came to that. There is a letter, I believe on 1919a4.com, that mentions something about following the same procedures as a manufacturer, marking your sideplate with a serial number, and having it registered through a dealer. Supposedly the guys on 1919a4.com have done it from what I've read. I don't know all of the exact details, but I think you can get your 80% sideplate(that is finished into a gun) registered. In fact, this approach could probably be taken on our homebuild AK's too. I think the reason you don't see it very often, is because your average AK isn't worth as much as your average 1919a4.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

I think we're going to have a 1919 forum soon.

Feedback Score

Default my mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy
    [/QUOTE
    Better go to http://1919a4.com/ , go to discussion then use search function for Pegasus. Bad Ju-Ju.
    BD
    i take it back. while i got the book right away, ive never had any work done by him because i called first & to his credit he told me it would take months because he was swamped. but i found the book very usefull, which is why i reccomended it. i should've stopped there. in the future i will be much more careful & only give info on things i have personal knowledge of. im sorry.
    and thank you to big daddy for correcting me.
    once again, i am sorry.
    rusty.
    Wile E Coyote.
    Super Genius...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SangRun Hunter
    I think we're going to have a 1919 forum soon.
    Sang,

You spilled the beans.
    That was supposed to be a christmas present for the guy's in the other M1919a thread.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62x39
    Sang,

You spilled the beans.
    That was supposed to be a christmas present for the guy's in the other M1919a thread.

Now I know I have to build one.
    Be sure to check out:
    www.warroom.com
    and
    www.michaelsavage.com

What ever it is I'm against it.
    Always question authority.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Whoops! I guess I got too many things on my mind and I was out of the loop

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I've been kicking it around for awhile, picked 1-PAT's brain a little, I think it's time to go for it.

Like I need another project.
    I'm just finishing up those 2 Mausers I was building.
    Fitting a short chambered barrel with a hand ream is way more time consuming than you can imagine.
    Two turns of the ream, take the barrel out of the barrel vise, clean it, install on receiver, check head space, take it apart, barrel back in barrel vise, repeat, repeat, repeat.

I've got a pile of bent flats, and a stack of kits already waiting. yeah, I need another project.

Do I see a group buy on sideplates on the horizon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.