Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1919A? Madness. Anyone built one ?

Feedback Score

Default 1919A? Madness. Anyone built one ?

Hey everyone. I've noticed that the 1919 kits are getting cheaper, anyone ever built one ? How hard are they to construct ? I've built my share of AK's and pieced together AR15's before, but how does this compare to constructing the 1919 ? I notice that you can get the 80% right sideplates from a guy named Geronimo off of GB, and kits from different suppliers.

Depending on how tax season goes, I just might invest in a kit and a sideplate. I'm in waaaaay over my head if I just jumped in, so does anyone have resources or tips and ideas ? Thanks guys.

Gunco Slightly Irregular cammobunker's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Jose', you need to check out weaponeer.net. Those guys are the 1919 madmen! CHEEEEP prices in the group buys too.
    "All right, you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick!"
    -Ash, Army of Darkness
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, Tuco.
    Those with loaded guns,
    and those who dig. You dig."
    -Blondie, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

1-PAT built one.
    He said it was way easier than a AK.

Feedback Score

Damn, I was hoping someone could tell me the physical/mechanical differences between the 1/4" and 3/16" FA sideplates. I've looked for myself, but the only sideplates I can find are the 1/4" SA plates. I know the typical answer "read a book", can anyone point me towards such a book ? I'm not wanting to construct a 10-year vacation to Club Ass-Gang-Bang, I just like to know the difference.

I know I'm new here, but don't confuse me for a damn troll.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I found this on one of the M1919 sites.

BATF requires that semi builders use a 1/4 inch plate, and that it--and the bolt and trigger box--be milled down so that the sideplate has a ridge that slides in a groove in the bolt and trigger box. This is done to ensure that the internal parts can't simply be replaced by full auto parts to create a machine gun.

Feedback Score

Cool thanks, you rock

Feedback Score

And the sideplate must have "Full penetration welds" to attach it rather than just rivets.

"Full penetration welds"................almost sounds sexual.......

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

I do not know it I would say it was easyer than an AK but it is very differant . differant kind of work. try 1919a4.com they will have ALL the info you need. they even have a toutural on the front page about 1/2 way down on the right hand side step by step from unpacking to test fireing. keep in mind you can buy one for a similar price as building. thies will be very expensive someday and the ability to easily sell it could be in your favor. a registered reciever has some benifets. I have seen them for under $1000 all ready. by the time you buy a kit, machine work, tools , bla bla bla. you will be close to that , and still have a home made gun that could be hard to sell. if you can do the machine work yourself yes it will be cheaper but still not registered.
    just my 2 cent.

Feedback Score

Also, keep in mind that all kits now available are Israeli production, not WWII GI, and they are in 7.62 NATO, not .30-06. Not really a big deal to many, but if you are looking for a WWII GI gun, what's available now won't be it.

Feedback Score

era tech,llc
    14799 n. cedar, POB 475
    Dolan springs, AZ
    (928) 767-4945
    e-mail eratech@citilink.net
    great book on building & converting to semi auto. lots of photos, $24.95 ppd
    & book price deductable from future build. $150 for 1919 80% semi auto plate.
    he's listed as Pegasus on the 1919a4 board. great book! & he even does the
    semi auto work on your parts if you like.
    good luck rusty
    Wile E Coyote.
    Super Genius...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.