Thread: Need advice from 1919 people and any one else.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Need advice from 1919 people and any one else.

I have always wanted a 1919, so I sold a bike to fund a beltfed.

Should I build? I have built 2 AK's succesfully (and building more) with the forums help but these belt feds look tricky and I know nothing about them.....

Should I buy? I am a working class slave on a budget but I dont want to buy a lesser product since I will keep it to pass on.

Who makes the best quality, authentic semi-auto 1919?
    Original 30.06 cal or 308?

Could I get a 1919 with tripod with traverse and elevation for around $1,750.00?

How well does the emory crankfire work? I really want the F/A version but dont have $18,000.00.................

Thanks,
    M.D.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

I'm sure Pirate will be along soon to give you some sage advice but check his web site for information.
    http://www.projectguns.com/
    also check out
    http://1919a4.com
    IMHO is you have built a few AK's you can build 1 yourself.
    Most important is a good receiver plate and someone who can do the machining of the internals for semi-auto.
    I have 1 converted to 8mm from .308. Ammo is getting expensive but what isn't
    Here's mine home built on a Izzy kit, Halo 100% registered RSP & lot's of help from pirate. I restored the 1928 tri-pod

Here's a pair...... mine's on the left and Pirates in 30-06
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.”
    Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Great looking 1919's !!!!!.....With every pic I see I want one more.

So IZZY (Isriel) kits are ok to build? How hard is it to find a WW2 U.S. kit?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

that 1928 tripod is almost high enough for a bar stool, very nice looking setup

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by panaceabeachbum
    that 1928 tripod is almost high enough for a bar stool, very nice looking setup

Thanks,
    It's heavy as hell too.....but so nice not having to lay on the ground to shoot........
    Here's a before pic of the tri-pod
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.”
    Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by magdump
    Great looking 1919's !!!!!.....With every pic I see I want one more.

So IZZY (Isriel) kits are ok to build? How hard is it to find a WW2 U.S. kit?

Thanks for the quick reply.
    IZZY (Israeli) kits are fine......
    Check with OOW
    Here's a link page with more 1919 information.
    1919 Suppliers
    Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Fine looking builds and one heck of a restoration on that tripod. Looks like it was salvaged from the bottom of a lake to start with.

1919 builds are not that hard. It's just a matter of taking the time to ensure things are nicely fitted before you go pounding in rivets. Farm out the machining of the internals and the rest is no more difficult than an AK build IMO.
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Go for a build, it is not that hard. the most time consuming part is refinishing the parts. if you want a 3006 gun get an izzy kit from oow and a 3006 bbl from TNW, then you will have a dual caliber gun. I have bucking bars, spade grips and scope mounts availabe for the 1919.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks Guys,
    I am looking for a kit now..........

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

My situation also. I have been here for a while and now want to get a 1919A4 kit that will be worth building. A fellow builder in the area went to Knob Creek and picked up a few kits for $350.00 each from a vendor. They were nice kits & I should have given him the money to buy more, but that was then. I see OOW has good kits for about $400.00 and want to do this before the kits dry up. I can only hope to do a build as good as the earlier picts in this thread. I guess I should just go for it and quit waiting for the prices to go up again. Any recomendations between OOW & Coles Distributing?

I went went with Cole's and am expecting the kit to be delivered Monday the 5th.
    Last edited by FloridaAKM; 11-04-2007 at 09:38 AM.

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin
    New Member of the Busted Box Club

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.