Gunco Forums banner

Has anyone tried a 1919 yet?

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  weaponeer 
#1 ·
I was wondering has anyone built a 1919 kit yet? If so was it hard compared to a AK?
Thanks, TM

#2 ·
Tobacco Man said:
I was wondering has anyone built a 1919 kit yet? If so was it hard compared to a AK?
Thanks, TM
You and I must be on the same plane. I was talking with FTroop about building one this last weekend. Perhaps we can get a thread going with help from guys that are either build or have built one.

#3 ·
1919a4 build

Yep, I've built one. It is more complicated and more expensive project to build, but a lot of fun. Basic kit is going to cost Approx 400.00+-, and if you are not a good machinist and have access to a mill, a right side plate will cost +-125.00. The machining of the internal components +-125.00. Semi auto trigger and sear 120.00. Thats the basics and you can figure welding cost per ATF specs unless you can weld. Also cost of rivets anywhere from 10.00 to 40.00, all depends on how original you want to be. Then you have the cost of belts, if you want to shoot belts, 30.00-50.00, links 70.00 per 1k, belt loader, if applicable, 500.00-600.00, linker, +-140.00, tripod 250.00 - 850.00, etc. As you can see it can get real pricey real fast. Don't want to dampen your spirits because I love my 1919A4, nothing like a belt fed. For more information go to http://1919a4.com/ and browse through the tutorials by Loboslanding on the home page and the FAQ's. There is a wealth of information out there and plenty of people willing to help.
Big Daddy

#5 ·
Big Daddy said:
Yep, I've built one. It is more complicated and more expensive project to build, but a lot of fun. Basic kit is going to cost Approx 400.00+-, and if you are not a good machinist and have access to a mill, a right side plate will cost +-125.00. The machining of the internal components +-125.00. Semi auto trigger and sear 120.00. Thats the basics and you can figure welding cost per ATF specs unless you can weld. Also cost of rivets anywhere from 10.00 to 40.00, all depends on how original you want to be. Then you have the cost of belts, if you want to shoot belts, 30.00-50.00, links 70.00 per 1k, belt loader, if applicable, 500.00-600.00, linker, +-140.00, tripod 250.00 - 850.00, etc. As you can see it can get real pricey real fast. Don't want to dampen your spirits because I love my 1919A4, nothing like a belt fed. For more information go to http://1919a4.com/ and browse through the tutorials by Loboslanding on the home page and the FAQ's. There is a wealth of information out there and plenty of people willing to help.
Big Daddy

Yes, you can check out 1919a4.com. I recently bought a kit and had some questions about my build. So, I went there and asked a few questions. Needless to say, I wasn't very impressed with the responses that I got. In fact, I was pretty disappointed. Many weren't very friendly at all. On another note, there was one or two that PM'd and emailed me to try and offer help.

I think it would be really cool to add a section for the 1919 on this board. It would certainly help me get my build going faster.

#6 ·
Yes, you can check out 1919a4.com. I recently bought a kit and had some questions about my build. So, I went there and asked a few questions. Needless to say, I wasn't very impressed with the responses that I got. In fact, I was pretty disappointed. Many weren't very friendly at all. On another note, there was one or two that PM'd and emailed me to try and offer help.

I think it would be really cool to add a section for the 1919 on this board. It would certainly help me get my build going faster.
I agree most other sites where you try to ask for help, treat you like you are a complete dumb a#$. (They forget they were once new at it also). That is why I like this site so much, every one here is real freindly, and helpful. I also think we should add a 1919 section. I am very intrested in trying to build one.
T M

#8 ·
Hello,
I also have just ordered one. Matter of fact from someone on here. But it came from ORF. I agree with the idea of having a 1919 post here. This is a great sight. I'm just trying to figure out the manufacture codes and markings. I have a sten also I'm trying to find info on markings. I think it tells alot about the firearm and where it come from. Just my 2 cents. Any ideas on building the 1919 helps alot. Ive built my share of Ak's and am thinking of selling my dies and equipment for AK's. I'm going to bigger and better things. :thumbup1:
:thankyou:
John

#9 ·
compinnov said:
Hello,
I also have just ordered one. Matter of fact from someone on here. But it came from ORF. I agree with the idea of having a 1919 post here. This is a great sight. I'm just trying to figure out the manufacture codes and markings. I have a sten also I'm trying to find info on markings. I think it tells alot about the firearm and where it come from. Just my 2 cents. Any ideas on building the 1919 helps alot. Ive built my share of Ak's and am thinking of selling my dies and equipment for AK's. I'm going to bigger and better things. :thumbup1:
:thankyou:
John
John, what are yout thinking of moving too?what kind of dies and equipment? What's your 20?

#11 ·
I've had a kit and 80% receiver for about a year now. Just haven't had the time to do anything with it yet. FALs and Sten builds keep getting in the way. My AK builds will probably delay the 1919 further. Still need to get the internals milled. Might get in on a group buy for taking care of that job over at weaponeer.

#12 ·
yosuthnmasa said:

Weaponeer has those 1919's a little cheaper now. I think they are in stock too. Maybe I will get one so we can build them together yosuth. I also saw a sight that sold the crank kits for them. Very cool site. I will link it here when I return home for you all to check out. I think a section here for 1919's would be a good thing. Need to learn how to build other weps as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.